Custom Mouth Guards...?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jason

Custom Mouth Guards...?

#1 Post by Jason »

There was a post about this earlier, but the thread went silent over a year ago. Does anyone know what custom mouth guards for braces are like? It would seem that the ortho couldn't make it precisely to your teeth because they're moving and all.. I've tried a bunch of regular mouthguards and they all either don't fit well and/or are really bulky in my mouth, such that I sorta would have to force my mouth closed uncomfortably, or look really funny running around the basketball court :(

I'm wondering if a guard custom made by the ortho would be nonbulky like a regular mouth guard, anyone know?

Tin Man

#2 Post by Tin Man »

Try this one
http://www.dynaflex.com/products.html

It's the only one I've found that can stand up to what goes on on the rugby pitch. While it is quite bulky, it's easy to breathe and protects your lips from the brackets well.
Mike
3M smartclips top and bottom since 10/13/04
Off November 06!