Question about teeth becoming loose.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

VS26

Question about teeth becoming loose.

#1 Post by VS26 »

HI,guys !thank you for your responses! i have another question(i think i am getting paranoid and my treatment have not started yet!!!!!) I learned from this site that teeth can become somewhat loose while u are in braces,because they are moving into their new position,and to say honestly,that freaks me out!!! Tell me please,have anybody experiened that and how long it usually lasts???thank you.
Getting damons in 6 days-july 5th.

Leslie022

#2 Post by Leslie022 »

Hi, I replied in your other topic! :)
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

VS26

thanks for reply

#3 Post by VS26 »

thank you for your reply.but i swear i read somewhere on this site that some people can actually wiggle the tooth with a finger,but it is temporarily. anyway, i am scared of that!!!but well,what to do---i want straight teeth,so i am ready for that!!! :D

KriegeR

#4 Post by KriegeR »

Since I had my braces fitted, a couple of my molars tend to 'click' when I'm brushing my teeth and when I'm eating certain foods. If I gently press with a finger I can just about see the tooth moving.

However this comes and goes, and is generally at it's worst a few days after an adjustment.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. My orthodontist told me that things like this aren't uncommon when wearing braces.

fitchick

#5 Post by fitchick »

Hi VS26,

I wrote on another post that I pull my lower teeth back on my bite plane and then push them forward with my tongue and hear them click. They aren't wobbling about or anything, but I guess they must be loser at the roots, so hopefully this means they are losening up to move. Don't worry about it, it sounds normal, but if they didn't get a tiny bit loose then they wouldn't be able to move at all would they? That's my theory, until I wake up and find them all lined up on my pillow!

Fitchick
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OnMyWay

#6 Post by OnMyWay »

I've had incredibly loose teeth on the bottom. It did kind of freak me out how I could it would wiggle back and forth. This comes and goes though. I'm on a good streak now when all the teeth seem to be pretty solid.

BUT I was never worried about losing these teeth because they are very secured to the wire. The only way I think that could happen would be an accident to the mouth but we risk that even without braces.

smilezofmetal2

#7 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

I could wiggly my teeth with my tongue...it was sooo loose...I was worried most of the time and even after the braces were removed it was still very loose and when they were being cleaned they were still moving...and when I flossed I could see my teeth moving side to side...talk about freaky :shock: .