Braces on monthly payment plan

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nvcarissa

#16 Post by nvcarissa »

Your fees sound just like mine. Are you seeing Dr. Phillips?

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

fitchick

#17 Post by fitchick »

I paid £700 for the initial consultations, x-rays, moulds and appliance fitting. I now have 18 instalments of £222. A lot of money, but a sound investment.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elissasmilz

#18 Post by elissasmilz »

I don't have any insurance and was working on a budget. I ended up putting $1000 down and making $200 monthly payments for 24 months. This was to include everything, and I have had a few things.

I did get to skip 2 payments for 2 girls that I work with that I referred that ended up starting treatment and I also started working in the ortho's office part time as a receptionist and I won't have to make any more payments as long as I am working there.

smilezofmetal2

#19 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

I put $1500 down and payed $150/month :twisted:

princesspenelope

#20 Post by princesspenelope »

$235 monthly payment, no downpay. The payment includes everything during the 2-year treatment (molds, x-rays, retainer, appointments for three years - 2 years with braces and one year with retainer). They offered another option that if pay in full, I would save $400. But I don't want to take the chance in case I move before end of treatment.

CLAmom

#21 Post by CLAmom »

Insurance paid $1500, the rest I am also making monthly payments. I didn't have to do a down payment but the monthly amount is $155 until Oct. 2007.

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

momsbracesat42

Payments and Insurance

#22 Post by momsbracesat42 »

I paid $195.00 on my initial consultation (I saved $100.00 by agreeing to have the braces put on at this consultation). I then paid $169.00 when they were put on and pay $169.00 a month via electronic draft. With the draft I do not pay any interest. My total treatment is $4225.00. My doctors office is really flexible and went in to see them in March about having the braces removed since I was without a job. They gave me the option of having Aprils payment deferred until the end of treatment instead of having the braces removed. I now have a new job and also have dental insurance (as of 7/1) that will cover $1500.00 for braces. I may not be eligible for the whole $1500 but will be grateful for what ever they will pay. So I am going to have to redo my contract which should lower my monthly payments.
----------

Joanna20

#23 Post by Joanna20 »

That's what most ortho's do here. I am not doing it in a private clinic, but I did check the prices be4 I got braced and it was something like:
1600 Dollars the day you get banded (for both jaws) and 1950 dollars for ceramics. And then 90 dollars each month for adjustments - untill you are done - which means, the longer your treatment takes, the more expensive it gets. :evil: I think that if you show your ortho. you know what to expect, he/she won't take advantage of it.
Take care,
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Bracedapril05

#24 Post by Bracedapril05 »

Hi I'm in Australia and I pay $200 a month it's so worth it :D

TuZZi

#25 Post by TuZZi »

I paid $300 upfront, which was for x-rays, molds, and pictures. Now I pay $300 a month for the duration of my banding, a total of $6,000. Insurance didn't cover anything.... I'm too old to be covered under my parents, and my dental plan doesn't cover orthodontia unless it's on dependant children :(
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

ebruce25

#26 Post by ebruce25 »

New to this site. Had my Damon3 braces in for two months - noticing a difference already. I don't have dental insurance but my Orthodontist is chargine me zero interest. $55 consult fee, $475 down, $196 a month for 24 months. Canadian dollars. He was highly recommend by 4 friends of mine. Very flexible with payments. No credit check either.

Echo

#27 Post by Echo »

My treatment was $1995. Insurance paid half, I paid the other half in monthly installments of $75, no down payment. Actually, my treatment cost was just added on to my son's account. My husband's insurance was making payments on his treatment. They were still paying even after his account was paid, so they ended up paying a little of mine! Happy to say they are paid for and are coming off in September!
[/url]

Sagii

#28 Post by Sagii »

I had to pay $99.00 for the molds/records, etc. I didn't have to pay a down payment. Unfortunately my insurance doesn't cover adult orthodontic treatment. My monthly payment is a little over $100 with no interest.

===========
Top Metal Braces April 28, 2006
Bottom Metal Braces August 3, 2006