why aren't they moving no more? :(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Carrie

why aren't they moving no more? :(

#1 Post by Carrie »

hi everyone....i've had my braces for about 4 months now, for the first 2 months i can actually noticed the movement....but lately I noticed that nothing is changing at all :shock: ....i wonder if it's cuz the ortho have been too "gentle" in the adjustment? or teeth movement is most obvious in the first 2 mths or so? yikes, kinda sad to see no change :cry:

from your own experience, when do you guys think you noticed most changes? and how long does it actually last? maybe i'm experiencing very subtle changes that i can't even notice...arrr...

thanks for sharing! :P

Leslie022

#2 Post by Leslie022 »

Just because you can't see any movement does not mean your teeth are not moving. Your orhto is a professional - trust him. Better yet, ask him questions.
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

nvcarissa

#3 Post by nvcarissa »

I didn't notice any visible change my first couple of months, but it was happening. I would imagine that the same is happening with you. Do you feel differences in where your molars and bicuspids are? For me, I swear that in the early days every day my bite seemed to change, even if my front teeth seemed to be standing still.

Sometimes it will seem like nothing is happening, and then, pow! all of a sudden things start shifting. Then they settle down again, and then go through another shift.

Hang in there.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

celiviel

#4 Post by celiviel »

I've been in the same boat. These last couple months have seen very little visible movement. Mostly I can tell things are still happening because of flossing. Slight movements that your eye can't see become very apparent when flossing!

I went for an adjustment today and the ortho shaved some of my lower teeth and put on some power chains, so hopefully there will be more noticeable movement soon!

Carrie

#5 Post by Carrie »

thanks everyone :)

Henna_the_braceface

#6 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

Same here. I haven't seen a change in my mouth in ages... :(

smilezofmetal2

#7 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

Sometimes your teeth are moving and you can't see it...trust me if movement was just based on what we can only see most of us would be in braces for a lifetime.

CLAmom

#8 Post by CLAmom »

I'm at the 4 month mark, too, and the changes have really slowed down. I think at first every little movement is noticable but after awhile you get used to it and it's just not that dramatic anymore. I can feel when things are moving when I get a sore tongue or sore inside my lip. It's still happening it just doesn't wow me anymore. I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for the "wonkiness" to even out and for an improvement in my bite. Oh, to feel my molars touching each other again--now there's a dream! :lol:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"