Spacers on One Side?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

calypsojunky

Spacers on One Side?

#1 Post by calypsojunky »

Hi everyone!

I've had my uppers for about a month now, but when i got my lower teeth bracketed last week, the bracket on my second premolar popped off as I was eating. When i went back today, instead of rebracketing that tooth as I was expecting, the orthodontist's assistant placed in spacers for banding, but just on that one tooth.
I was wondering if anyone else had that done, and if that puts pressure on teeth unevenly with negative results. I'm already feeling more soreness on that side of my mouth.
Thanks so much!

Attagirl2

#2 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi Calypsojunky. My orthodontist did the same thing. As my brackets popped off my gold crowns (twice each for the first three) he would band them. They were all done at different times. I saw no difference after the initial tightness. The soreness is because of the spacers. Once they are out and the band in, things will settle down just like the other side.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

princesspenelope

#3 Post by princesspenelope »

That's what happening to me too. I had three brackets popped off in the first four and half weeks since getting them (first one fell off the about 12 hours after I got them, I wasn't even't doing anything to the teeth, just looking at them in front of the mirror; the other two fell when I was asleep). I had my first adjustment yesterday (at 8 weeks), and the ortho has decided to put bands on the three molars (two on left, one on right), instead of putting the brackets back on.

jzaboo

#4 Post by jzaboo »

I had a bracket pop off on one of my front teeth while I was asleep the first day, too. My ortho is on vacation, so the tech just took it off and I have an appoinment on the 10th. I never even considered he would band it, yikes! He just had it on too low, IMHO, it obviously hit the lower one, and I pointed it out as soon as they wired it. I've never had a cavity on this, and it's not too far out of position, I sure hope he doesn't band it, that was the whole point of getting the clear ones on top.