I'm finally getting braced!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DiFan11

I'm finally getting braced!!!

#1 Post by DiFan11 »

Ok, so here's my story. I'm sixteen and about to enter my junior year of high school. After my sixth grade year, I'd gone to an ortho and they told me that treatment should take 18 months and that I was a possible candidate for invisalign (i'll only go that route if my new ortho strongly suggests it). Problem? Yes, my stepmom had just gotten debraced and my dad and brother needed braces more than I. My parents can't afford three sets of braces at once. So I had to wait...and wait...and wait. Finally it's here. Thursday, the 6th, should be my fist consultation to see my case. I'm hoping my predicted treatment time of 18 months goes down, but I doubt it.

I have three problems in my teeth: a 90% overbite, a rather medium sized gap in my front teeth, and a bottom tooth that is only slightly twisted (is there someone here who can give me an expected treatment time just from that info?)

Ok, here are my issues:

1. Everybody in my class has already had braces, so I'm only slightly self-conscious

2. I want them off before senior pictures

3. I want to know if the social 6 ceramics is common. Because that's what I'd like just in case my braces are still on for senior pictures.

Thank you all for any help or suggestions ahead of time. (btw, I may not be back for a few days, so don't be startled if I don't respond).

Pirate Wench

#2 Post by Pirate Wench »

I hope you find what you are looking for. I know alot of people get the social 6 in ceramic. I know there was also someone on the board that got the braces removed for her wedding and then got re-braced the next day. Maybe that would be an option for you when it comes to your senior pics.......I know it cost her extra, but she said it was totally worth it!

Good luck.....