White stains/Is this tooth out of place? (Pic)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dev

White stains/Is this tooth out of place? (Pic)

#1 Post by dev »

View of top teeth from below:

View of both with jaw slightly open:

My orthodontist said I'll probably be done with braces as soon as he moves one last tooth with the elastic band; he's pulling a tooth down to fit into the space between the two teeth on the opposite side. Do either of the two upper teeth next to my two front teeth appear to be out of place? He said that it's possible the upper tooth next to the upper tooth with the elastic connected might rotate (a bad thing) since he clipped the arch wire. If you need more pictures, from any given angle, just tell me what angle and I'll take the picture.

Also, Does anybody know what those white stains on the ends of my upper teeth are? Can I get rid of them somehow?

last question: what is that grey thing in the lower right hand quadrant of the second picture? (my left, picture's right)

Chris

#2 Post by Chris »

Check this out it will explain the white spots.

http://www.dentalfind.com/White_Spots_on_Teeth/

No idea what the "gray thing" is on your tooth. :?
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Joanna20

#3 Post by Joanna20 »

I think the article explains it all. I don't know what the grey thing is either, it looks weird (no offense). Your teeth seem to be pretty straight but not perfect yet (in my opinion), maybe that's why you have to wait a bit longer.
Take care,
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

mtbrncofn

#4 Post by mtbrncofn »

Your gray 'thing' is known as a rotating wedge. I had one too. It helps to apply extra pressure to a part of the tooth to make it turn the way they want it to.
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

mtbrncofn

#5 Post by mtbrncofn »

And for the record, I think your teeth look darn good. I had a concern with one of my teeth a month before my braces were due to be off. I went right to him and he saw my concern and fixed it.

Talk to him/her about it! You don't want to have invested all that time and money and be unhappy with the results.
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.