Damon 3 bracket

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ebruce25

Damon 3 bracket

#1 Post by ebruce25 »

I was wondering if anybody else on this site is currently fitted with Damon 3 brackets. My orthodontist basically switched to them for all his new patients. I was wondering how the archwire changes felt. I'm told the wire becomes thicker? Its been two months for me and I've noticed my top and bottom right cuspids aligning nicely. I'm going in tomorrow to have my archwire changed. I'm told its done every 8 weeks. These braces don't have elastics.

bbsadmin

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

I know that there are many members on this board who have Damons and Damon3's. I'm sure you'll get several responses!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Attagirl2

#3 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi ebruce. I have Damon 3's and changing the archwire is very easy for them to do. They pop the doors open, pull out the old wire and then measure and place the new wire. The clip off the ends (behind the back molars). My time between adjustments depends on what is being done. I haven't always gotten a new archwire.

Good luck to you.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

I don't think the wire is any thicker. Could be wrong though. I usually have very mild pain for about 2-3 days after an archwire change. Probably about the same or maybe a little less than with normal braces. It is normally not enough that I have to change my diet drastically or take ibuprofen but enough to feel it when I eat something chewy.

Don't sweat it too much! Did he change all your brackets mid -treatment and put damons on?
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Kazan

#5 Post by Kazan »

Hi there

I got a new (slightly) thicker wire at my first adjustment. The ortho said "Hmm, your teeth havent moved as much as some people's would have done so i'll give you an intermediate wire" Go back for my second adjustment on 17 July when I get another even (thicker) wire. Interested to see how these these wires get..............

Kazan

ucldbmine

#6 Post by ucldbmine »

Just a note to tell you not to get confused with elastics and ligatures... Damons don't have ligatures (bands surrounding brackets) but they do use elastics with them (rubber bands connecting top and bottom teeth to correct bite problems) You just probably won't have experience with elastics till closer to the end of your treatment if at all..

ingyandbert

#7 Post by ingyandbert »

jcdamon3 wrote:I don't think the wire is any thicker. Could be wrong though. I usually have very mild pain for about 2-3 days after an archwire change. Probably about the same or maybe a little less than with normal braces. It is normally not enough that I have to change my diet drastically or take ibuprofen but enough to feel it when I eat something chewy.

Don't sweat it too much! Did he change all your brackets mid -treatment and put damons on?
To clarify, the arch wires get progressively thicker and more square with every adjustment. That is to put greater tension on the teeth as they get closer and closer to proper alignment.