Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kitsune

Re: Lig colours (colors)

#1036 Post by kitsune »

Orange and black for Halloween. I haaaaaate the orange...it's too pale and looks gross!! :yuck:

The black I am quite happy with though!

Mauvaise

#1037 Post by Mauvaise »

Like Kitsune, I also went with Halloween colors when I had my first adjustment last week. But I had them alternate:

In full braces for 2 years, 3 weeks, 1 day.

My Saga (Innovation-C upper/lower) here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=40053

catgyrl

#1038 Post by catgyrl »

All y'all Halloween-festive people are awesome!! I rather like the black ligs on the clear brackets, for some reason. I think it makes your teeth look whiter. I could never try the orange, as my teeth are already not so white.

I messed up the clear powerchain I got last week, and my ortho is gracious enough to let me come back in tomorrow to get it changed. I really, really want to try the baby blue. I just hope it looks okay on my teeth. If I chicken out, I may go with lavendar. Fingers crossed...

belistic10

#1039 Post by belistic10 »

:jump: :jump: i love this thread! great colours! i am really liking the baby blue and the plum!! :) i might be brave and get a colour when i first get them put on, 6days to go!!

catgyrl

#1040 Post by catgyrl »

Okay, I'm back. I decided to go with the light blue. It doesn't seem to look as nice on my teeth as it does on kitsune's sparkling white teeth, but I think it's cute. Just wish she'd put the chain on a little bit straighter. (Yes, that is nitpicky... haha)

belistic10

#1041 Post by belistic10 »

love the baby blue :) so nice, does that colour stain much?

kitsune

#1042 Post by kitsune »

catgyrl - Yay, you went for them! I think they look gorgeous!!! :thumbsup: Your teeth look fantastic too, by the way.

Mauvaise - I really like your orange ligs! They look appropriately Halloween-y, unlike mine. Mine are more the color of sad dead pumpkins or something. :-*

catgyrl

#1043 Post by catgyrl »

Thank you, kitsune! This color is really growing on me. My coworker (who noticed my hideous yellow teeth yesterday) remarked, "Hey, your teeth look whiter today!" Ortho was yelling in the background, "Give her PINK!" (He knows I despised the Screaming Pink ligs he gave me almost a year ago to the day...) I may try a light pink next time, though.

Mauvaise - Yeah, I like your orange ligs, too! They look almost fluorescent.

belistic10 - I will let you know about the staining in a couple of weeks. My suggestion to you: Drink sodas, tea, coffee with a bendy straw. It really works wonders at aiming the drink towards the back of your mouth and away from the front teeth. The plum is awesome, too! That one definitely doesn't stain. Good luck with your bracing!!

belistic10

#1044 Post by belistic10 »

good idea about the straw :) i really love coke :lol: and coffee, but somehow drinking coffee through a straw sounds gross but i bet i will get desperate enough to do it :lol: i really cant wait till monday, keep wondering what i will look like with these things on!

Mauvaise

#1045 Post by Mauvaise »

Thanks! I feel a little silly sometimes running around with orange and black in my mouth when I'm 41, but then I give myself a mental shake and remind myself that lig colors are the only fun I'm going to have with my braces.

I want to do a different color theme every month. I have everything but November, June, and September mapped out.
In full braces for 2 years, 3 weeks, 1 day.

My Saga (Innovation-C upper/lower) here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=40053

anngie27

#1046 Post by anngie27 »

love the halloween colors!

BracedSurgeryStudent

#1047 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

I was indeed scared to get oange because I heard it makes teeth looks not so white, might as well have nice nad white teeth to make upf or the fact there's metal all over them, so I was cautious to put yellow on. I chose purple instead because Purple is also a Halloween Color, and a friend of mine had picked it out.
Jenn Medeiros

AM21

#1048 Post by AM21 »

I had an adjustment on Wednesday and I have my two favorite colors now. Red and black :) The red looks orange in the picture but the lighting is just off. :p

Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

BracedSurgeryStudent

#1049 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

AM21 wrote:I had an adjustment on Wednesday and I have my two favorite colors now. Red and black :) The red looks orange in the picture but the lighting is just off. :p

Very nicee and snazzy
Jenn Medeiros

belistic10

#1050 Post by belistic10 »

cool colours :)