So where is everyone from, how old and braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Catmom

#106 Post by Catmom »

51 year old (in July) female from West Hill, Ontario (a suburb of Toronto). First time in braces as of December 4/06. :singing:

Chiwawamom

#107 Post by Chiwawamom »

29 Southern Calif ....2nd time braced. 1st time I was 10/11 uppers only for 6 months to correct gaps. "didn't remember them though"...now Im on day 5 and have 18 months to go Uppers and lowers to correct my deeeeeeeeep bite......Yippy!!!!!

Taylor

#108 Post by Taylor »

14, Upper Midwest (USA), First time braced this year estimated 18-21 months. My great grandfather and grandfather were both dentists and two of my uncles are. So the only reason I really got braces was so I wouldn't be the black sheep of the family, being the only one without straight teeth. Plus I didn't want them when I was older.

About me:
Sentenced: 18-21 months (not to bad, eh?)
Problems: Gaps in between four front, lower teeth going too far up when I bit down, one front tooth slightly ahead of the other
Type: First six on top ceramic, rest are metal, powerchains (uggh)

insanemommy03

#109 Post by insanemommy03 »

28 years old
Getting braces on 5/25/07
Living in Ohio

Lolagranola

#110 Post by Lolagranola »

I will be 52 in July. Can't believe I am actually doing this finally. My husband and 2 boys convinced me to do it. Both boys had braces and one is finishing up with his this year. It's kind of neat to go through it with your kid. Glad to see I am not the only one this old on these boards.

marcusjb

#111 Post by marcusjb »

Male, 34, living in London.

Getting a little nervous now - have final appointment with Orthognathics and Orthodontist on Thursday - then braces on (sometime in June/July) for 2 years before surgery.

Have a dramatic overbite that probably should have been corrected when I was much younger - but that's life. It's got to the point where I am now wearing away my lower jaw - so time to get it sorted out!

Really pleased to have found this board - I was beginning to think I was the only man in his 30s who was going to have a brace. I have spotted quite a few women wearing braces, but not many men.

Anyway - no turning back now, just glad there is somewhere to turn now!

Marcus JB

niceteeth

#112 Post by niceteeth »

19 and female. Not yet braced, but getting there.

sportsgrl97

#113 Post by sportsgrl97 »

16, florida. got braces when i was fourteen and got them off after 20 months in them 3 months ago.

Laurie

#114 Post by Laurie »

Texas, USA
Spacers in today and braces go on May 29th.

bracesafter40

#115 Post by bracesafter40 »

Male, 34, living in London.

Getting a little nervous now - have final appointment with Orthognathics and Orthodontist on Thursday - then braces on (sometime in June/July) for 2 years before surgery.

Have a dramatic overbite that probably should have been corrected when I was much younger - but that's life. It's got to the point where I am now wearing away my lower jaw - so time to get it sorted out!

Really pleased to have found this board - I was beginning to think I was the only man in his 30s who was going to have a brace. I have spotted quite a few women wearing braces, but not many men.

Anyway - no turning back now, just glad there is somewhere to turn now!

Marcus JB
Welcome Marcus, you will be fine...
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

CarpeDiem

#116 Post by CarpeDiem »

I'm 20, from Miami, just got braces Jan/07 after I was finally able to afford them! I didn't think my teeth were that bad, but there was so much crowding I had to get my wisdom teeth in addition to three other teeth removed. Because of the gaps, I'm in braces for two years. :shock:

mizzdee

#117 Post by mizzdee »

hi guys!! i'm 22 from California..got braced May of 2007 i'm almost done with my treatment hoping to get them off before my vaction to hawaii in august..so far i've had 2 upper and 2 lower bicuspid extractions prior to getting braces so i'm just closing the gaps...actually one lower gap that is taking forever to close after that i'm done..then retainers for life..i can't wait

hannahwebbo

#118 Post by hannahwebbo »

Hi :-1

Im a 22 year old female from a little town in Lincolnshire in the UK. Still waiting to have my consultation. Wont be too long now.

Hannah x

Al

#119 Post by Al »

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Hamilton, Ontario (Canada). That's about half way between Toronto and Niagara Falls for those not familiar with the region.

I have my final consultation on June 6th, with impressions and all the prelims likely to follow a week after. I have been reading the posts and blogs here every chance I get for the better part of a month. This site has been an invaluable source of information, or of clues which led me to the right information. This community shows incredible cohesion and unparalleled support.

Due to some urgent and unexpected matters which came up recently, I have not yet had a chance to decide which braces to go with. I'm pretty sure though that my decision will be made within the next week or two (I hope!). I hope to share my journey with all of you.

Thank you for being here!
Al

mizzdee

#120 Post by mizzdee »

hi guys..i made a mistake..i actually got braced May 2006..hehe..so it's been over a year..so yah i just wanted to correct that.