Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

catgyrl

Re: Lig colours (colors)

#1081 Post by catgyrl »

BracedSurgeryStudent wrote:Hey :) I was thinking that spakrly blue on that keychain, no fair you're lucky, I want one. I cant seem to find the Medeterranian blue so the next best thing is the sparkley blue. You should take a picture of the keychain you have and send it to me. I drink out of straws for the most part unless its water. I can't drink soda unless its Mountain dew coloured, red, or lighter colour.

Awh, Thankssss :) Be sure to post on here thext time you go.
Okay, here's a pic of my keyring. :D As you can see, the colors are in no semblance of order. :roll: I'm actually guessing at the Mediterranean Blue, and went by the color palette I posted on page 76. That one looked the closest to my chain. I think I got the one between the metallic purple and the darker red. But all of the blues are really nice. You have a much larger selection on yours.

I think I'm getting clear next time I go (Friday) only because I have a few functions to go to in the next month where I will have pictures taken. I will probably get color again in January.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#1082 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Hey that's really neat, thanks :) I like the colours your orthodontist offers, You have alot more blues. I think you should go for the light purpley lavender looking colour. I thnk it would look amazing you on. Thanks for sending it.
Jenn Medeiros

catgyrl

#1083 Post by catgyrl »

BracedSurgeryStudent wrote:Hey that's really neat, thanks :) I like the colours your orthodontist offers, You have alot more blues. I think you should go for the light purpley lavender looking colour. I thnk it would look amazing you on. Thanks for sending it.
I have tried that one! Check out my May 20th post here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34883&start=315

They were ligs instead of the chain, but you get the picture. They looked more pink than lavendar on me, and yeah, I did like that one a lot. May do that one in January.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#1084 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Cool thnaks it looks sooooo nice on you. :) I think itd be great.
I got:
September 8-October 12 = Light Pink
October 12-December 1 = Purple (the middle one on that ring)
December 1-January 12, 2012 = Green and Red
I want to get
Jan12- if I go before Valentines day: That sparkley blue (and maybe white)
Jan 12th - If I go after Valentines Day: Red + Pink
Feb-March: Green and Dark Green
April: That Light Yellow and Light Sea green
May: Yellow and Green OR Black and Sparkley Silver.
June: Not Sure Maybe a Dark Blue or that Sparkley Green
july: Red white and Blue
August: NOt sure
September: The school colours to whichever College I transfer to next Fall.
October: orange (the one next to the light yellow) and black.
November: Yellow Red and Orange.
December: Goldish colour and The Medium Blue (next to the sparkley blue on the left.)
Jenn Medeiros

justgotbracessss

#1085 Post by justgotbracessss »

My ortho gave me brown .. she didn't let me choose :(

BracedSurgeryStudent

#1086 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Awh next time you go in you should request a color. I one time asked my orthodontist to pick the colours for me and she said no because she would pick the most ugliest colour leftovers for me. So i was like ok nevermind ill take purple.
Jenn Medeiros

AM21

#1087 Post by AM21 »

I thought about Christmas colors but decided on pretty purple! :)
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

catgyrl

#1088 Post by catgyrl »

AM21 - that looks like the Plum Crazy powerchain I had before. Beautiful! That little space in the middle is different from mine; I never had that. I guess that is to pinpoint your midline. Cool...

AM21

#1089 Post by AM21 »

Catgyrl - Thanks so much! :) I think the loop in the middle is to help close my gap. I don't really know if it has anything to do with my midline though.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#1090 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Niceeee AM21
Jenn Medeiros

AM21

#1091 Post by AM21 »

BSS- Thanks! :D

Catgyrl - Since you had pretty much the same purple chain, did you have any staining with this color?

alimorgan71

#1092 Post by alimorgan71 »

I love that shade of purple on your top teeth!

catgyrl

#1093 Post by catgyrl »

AM21 wrote:BSS- Thanks! :D

Catgyrl - Since you had pretty much the same purple chain, did you have any staining with this color?
No staining, whatsoever, and trust me... I do a lot to stain them! Those were the days pre-drinking with straws. Perfect choice!

AM21

#1094 Post by AM21 »

alimorgan71- Thanks! :)

Catgryl-That's good to know! I use a straw for pretty much everything I drink but I eat a lot of tomato based foods. I wasn't even thinking about staining when I picked the chain; it was more of a oooo, that's a pretty color. lol

VancouverJude

#1095 Post by VancouverJude »

Hey everyone,

So long since I've written here. I've been wearing powerchain on top (dark navy) and regular ligs on bottom (various colours) but at my usual every 6 week romp to the Ortho visit yesterday I decided to go Seasonal and got green on top and red on bottom.

The funny thing is I'm going to have curry tonight and I have a strong what's gonna go down; that green will become yellow. It's happened before with other colours. If that's the case I'll have it changed back next week to the dark blue I've been using. Usually by the 6 week visit mark, even this darker tone becomes a dark yellow/green.

If it turns into a super amusing bright yellow -- if not I'll be happily surprised -- I'll send a post in a few days.

By the way, my bite is firm. You can see the left side is great, but the right side needs work. You can't tell I'm wearing the Forsus, tho you can see the bump past lower lip.

I've spoken with my Ortho about my concern my teeth are "too bucky" (they were all fairly slanted in before, although that was the least of my worries) he assures me we can fix'em up (not his exact words) if I wish closer to the end. I'm definitely at the "they're going to look worse before they get better" phase. Although in many ways they've really shaped up swell.

And, grrrrr, once again I've taken pix without lipstick. Aargh.

regards, Jude

HPIM4208.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.