Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

xanidu2012

Re: Lig colours (colors)

#1171 Post by xanidu2012 »

20-24 moths I'm going to have a ball changing ligs to match the holidays :-*

Mauvaise

#1172 Post by Mauvaise »

BracedSurgeryStudent wrote::) Awesome I wish I could I go every 8 weeks which doesnt give me much of an option for things like that I did manage to get green and red for Christmas

Check with your ortho - I know mine will allow me to come in pretty much whenever I want to change out my ligs/power chains.
In full braces for 2 years, 3 weeks, 1 day.

My Saga (Innovation-C upper/lower) here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=40053

BracedSurgeryStudent

#1173 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

I get to go only 18 times in my 30 months. :( I could always go in on a monday when just the assistants are there to change em. But that would add extra pressure more than desired by the orthodontist.
Jenn Medeiros

crooked rory

#1174 Post by crooked rory »

Hopefully no bee's sting you. Also, not a big fan of the yellow. Looks like something is in your teeth (at least when I look at mine in the mirror). I have yellow now, and can't wait to change it out to something bold, like pink or lavender
BracedSurgeryStudent wrote:Black and Yellow. I wonder how many times the bees are going to sting me.

BracedSurgeryStudent

#1175 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Personally I love the yellow. It makes my teeth seem whiter. That and lime green
Jenn Medeiros

catgyrl

#1176 Post by catgyrl »

Thought some might want to see what a lavendar chain looks like 4 weeks later. I LOVELOVELOVE this color! Just a slight bit of fading, but they still look great!

GillyWeed

#1177 Post by GillyWeed »

My newest ligs are some kinda aqua blue-y colour... They looked like royal blue on the colour wheel but ended up quite a bit lighter on my brackets. Anyways, here they are!
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

TMJJill

#1178 Post by TMJJill »

Love the blue :dance:

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

NICURN85

#1179 Post by NICURN85 »

I have a teal color now. I am getting my lowers on Tuesday and don't know if I will stick with this color for the bottom or change everything out.

~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Angel269

#1180 Post by Angel269 »

The teal looks great. I love turquoise and purple and would alternate those if I went for colours (may do right at the end!)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

tfischer

#1181 Post by tfischer »

I truly love this topic.....so I have had braces since Dec 2011. My first ligs were clear since I was terrified for anyone to notice my braces. I found this topic and was inspired to try a color.....well, that was all she wrote - every month when I get my adjustment, I pick a color. I have done the dark blue, hot pink, light/pale pink and a light/pale purple (I little lighter than the lavendar shown in some pics on here). Me personally, I don't like it when people stare at my mouth so I have decided that I don't really like the darker colors. The pale pink faded a lot and just looked dirty. My favorite is the light purple - they don't fade and hold their color but more importantly don't look like I have something stuck in my brackets like food.....for some reason some colors I am scared to try simply because I am afraid it will look look my teeth are rotting or I have stuff stuck in my braces......But, anyone who reads this topic and are on the fence about trying colors - just try it once.....if you like it then do it again.....and try different ones to find what you like because you never know..... :-*

NikkiH347

#1182 Post by NikkiH347 »

Hi!

I wanted to pass on a bit of knowledge I gained while researching braces and ligament elastics. I was able to look at my orthodontist's color wheel ring and got the name of the vendor he uses to order his elastics. I entered the information on Google and found the vendor's website. I managed to find their catalog in PDF form and a realistic color chart photographed with a camera to show differences in lighting to help me pick colors out before going to my appointments. I'm getting my braces tomorrow and am planning to get dark purple/lilac color as my very first color combination! It really helps to either look up the vendor online and either bookmark the page or print out the colors. The "realistic models" of color charts weren't really helpful since the colors aren't exactly the same and I was left still puzzled. Hope this helps!

NICURN85

#1183 Post by NICURN85 »

Bumping this thread up for all of you who are getting braces this week and the weeks coming just in case you are confused about what colors to get. This thread should help!!!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

fatty1403

#1184 Post by fatty1403 »

Love this thread! I had light blue for the first time, and I have decided against it again mainly because it gradually changes colour to green due to eatin! Right now I've got dark purple on :D

nenak11

#1185 Post by nenak11 »

I have dark purple for halloween. I love it.