Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

At What Age Did You Start Your Current Orthodontic Treatment?

18 to 21
15%
22 to 29
36%
30 to 39
29%
40 to 49
13%
50 to 59
6%
60 plus
1%

Total votes: 2072

deadagain

Re: Poll: At What Age Did You Get Your Braces?

#136 Post by deadagain »

20! I should only have them for 18 months... so off by 22, hopefully. :)

emerald25

#137 Post by emerald25 »

I was 26 when i got mine. I'm almost a year into my braces and I'm really happy with the results.

r1r1r12000

#138 Post by r1r1r12000 »

I'll be 30. Hopefully just 18 months!

SlimZippy

#139 Post by SlimZippy »

First timer at 34, wish I had done it earlier but the orthodontist I saw 10 years ago wanted to pull out 6 teeth. No extractions this time so I went for it.

NY1583

#140 Post by NY1583 »

Age 24. I'm 27 now. Wish I would have gotten them earlier!

RocknRollFun

#141 Post by RocknRollFun »

I was 28, almost 29, and got them as part of my TMJ treatment. Still fighting the good fight with them, but really looking forward to the day I get a solid date I can take them off!
Some days it can't come soon enough...
"You're no rock n' roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park; more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

Huon

#142 Post by Huon »

I was 70 when i had my braces put on. It was the second time round, the first being when i was about 14.I had an unpleasant relationship with my ortho. then, as he was a bully. The treatment in those days was not nearly as thorough as now, as just a selection of teeth were banded (no brackets in those days) and the teeth in between were just shoved along by the banded ones. The result was far less than satisfactory. Then I was given a retainer which was so clumsy that I could barely speak. Naturally, I didn't wear it and my teeth were left an uncomfortable mess.
My second treatment was thorough, comfortable and gave me the functional bite that I had never had before. I don't regret having selected all metal, as I would prefer people to know for certain that I was wearing braces, rather than puzzling over whether they were there, or not. In the event, most people didn't notice them, anyway.
If you are in my age group and are hesitating over whether to take the plunge, I say "Go for it"
Huon

wiredmouth

#143 Post by wiredmouth »

One week after my 25th birthday i started with orthodontic treatment!

Prof N Braces

#144 Post by Prof N Braces »

I am 55 and have had my braces for 7 months now. When I was a teenager, only a handful of my friends had braces-- I sure wish I would have done it back then!

tnstafl

#145 Post by tnstafl »

25. I should have gotten them as a kid, but my dentist at that time always ignored the issues.

crimsonrayne07

#146 Post by crimsonrayne07 »

I got mine at 21! Can't wait to have them off and flash a pretty smile..FINALLY! =D

jaylosonatural

#147 Post by jaylosonatural »

I was 29 when I first got mine put on....I think it makes me look younger :) I actually like it..and I didnt want to be discrete with mine...no invisaligns or ceramics for me...straight metal baby!

peckabel

#148 Post by peckabel »

This is my THIRD time with braces.
1st 11
2nd 19
3rd 30

I have been promised its my last time :D

england

#149 Post by england »

I'm 31 and this is my 2nd go at braces. I had braces, headgear & retainer at about age 10 (just on my upper teeth). By the time I was 19 my wisdom teeth came in and destroyed all those years of hard work. I decided to get a consultation a few years later and they said I would need jaw surgery, etc, to fix my teeth so I decided not to. It wasn't until a few months ago that I decided to go for another consultation...and I'm glad I did!

My current orthodontist told me she could fix my teeth w/o surgery. I had my clear damon braces put on the top teeth a few weeks ago. I was supposed to get a penndix appliance put on last week, but because they couldn't get the spacers in my teeth (too crowded), that is going to have to wait a few months until the braces give my teeth some more room. I think they are going to put some type of spring in on my next visit.

Bottom braces will follow in probably 2 to 4 months...

I'm so happy I have braces again!!!

Rach44

#150 Post by Rach44 »

I just got mine a few days ago and I am 21. :)