Oral sex, kissing, and bite turbos :?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lisa65

#16 Post by Lisa65 »

Hmm I must admit I can't imagine doing that at the moment, not with the amount of hardware I have in my mouth at the moment - and strangely enough, hubby hasn't asked me to :lol: I think he's scared of being injured!

rdms_girl

#17 Post by rdms_girl »

LOL - this post is great - kudos for asking the question alwayshungry!

I hate my turbo, but I was considering asking my ortho to keep it in so I don't have to do... stuff! :P (my hubby is counting down though!)

gunter8888

#18 Post by gunter8888 »

Brandyleigh35, I am so glad you said that about kissing being a little uncomfortable. With the exception of the first week after I had the braces put on and the week after I shredded my lower lip taking a basketball in the mouth, there hasn't been any real pain associated with kissing, but anytime there is any pressure put against my brackets/wire its rather uncomfortable and it has taken a lot of the enjoyment out of "passionate" kissing.

I get my upper braces on Thursday. I hope it doesn't get worse when I am "fully braced". My wife is an AMAZING kisser and its a shame to miss any of her kisses. :D
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

tcomeau

DentaKit covers did it for me.

#19 Post by tcomeau »

So, I tried a couple of things, including "going slow" and being careful, and that didn't work.

Having the covers on made a huge difference. The covers are actually softer than my teeth, so having them over the brackets means that .... well, everything is just fine.

:twisted:

tc>

bbsadmin

#20 Post by bbsadmin »

I'll also remind you guys of this article on the main ArchWired site:

http://www.archwired.com/BracesandSex_Lead_in.htm
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Jesslzz

#21 Post by Jesslzz »

Thanks for posting this thread! I completely agree with Brandyleigh35, sometimes it is just annoying having to go and look for wax when you are in a middle of a situation that you just don't want to interrupt...

I hate my cleats, by the way...
Thanks for sharing!

Full metalmouth!

pink77blondie

#22 Post by pink77blondie »

I think light kissing is fine but passionate kissing hurts me too!
[/url]

[/url]

skyclad

concerned about molar bands

#23 Post by skyclad »

The model teeth at the ortho had these hook things on the inside of the molar bands. Yikes. When I looked at them that was the first thing I thought about.
I figured I could do the comfort covers for the front and i would be covered but now must think about those hooks on the inside.
I told the boyfriend about them and he laughed.

science teacher

kissing

#24 Post by science teacher »

We don't seem to have trouble. I have braces and an expander. I do everything to my husband that I always have I just do it slower... Which can be a good thing.

Kim
SARPE 11/23/06
Expansion over 12/18/06 8.5mm
Brace day tops 1/15/07
Brace day bottoms 3/19/07
all expansion devices removed 9/19/07