Based On Your Experiences, What Stains Ligatures?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Flora2006

#16 Post by Flora2006 »

WiredNana wrote:
butterfly wrote:
So ...what is the reason for the use of wire ties versus ligs in treatment...didn't ask Tuesday...I couldn't believe the pain!
I am pretty sure they do just about the same thing...but maybe they apply just a bit more force. I also ready here once that wire ties allow the ortho to have just a bit more control in where to move the tooth. I think it's mainly because of the staining issue though.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

bckydgardnr

#17 Post by bckydgardnr »

I live on tomato sauce, soup, etc. My powerchains usually don't look too bad; however, this go around my ortho used zinc string to tighten up the powerchains. The zinc string pratically turns yellow as soon as you breathe on it...yuk. :roll: to make matters worse, my length between adjustments has to be 7 weeks instead of 6 because I am out of town for work when I am supposed to go in.
Oh well, it's all worth it!
gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

lionfish

#18 Post by lionfish »

I've had clear ligs on my lowers for a week now and, thus far, they still look pretty pristine. I do two cups of ceylon tea in the morning, eat heaps of tomatoes and have been into the red wine the last two nights. I clean and brush after every meal; I don't know if this helps.

The ortho office has offered lig changes any time I like, which is nice, but I sort of can't see myself taking too much advantage of this. I might have changed my mind in a week's time! LOL!

vanilla

#19 Post by vanilla »

Pepsi, black tea, tomato sauce and red wine (I've left out beer because I'm really hoping it's not a culprit, too!) does it for me. I don't eat curry so it's a gradual staining.

I know it's festy but if my pearl ligs become discoloured I just wait 'til my next appointment :FeelSick:
Ceramic + metal since 31/03/05

lionfish

#20 Post by lionfish »

Last night I got stuck into a chicken curry with turmeric in it. Guess what? My pristine pearl ligatures are now.....yellow.

Urgh. :cry: