Anyone got braced or is getting braced in April?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mgigi

#16 Post by mgigi »

I had my brackets and spacers put in on March 30th, and I was wired on April 6th. I am doing remarkably well. I'm very surprised. I'm prone to canker sores and was very worried about that, but I've had one and it wasn't too bad. I am completely pain free, and experienced only mild discomfort on day one for an hour or two. I have a long way to go (28 months, and surgery on my upper jaw, I have an open bite), but I'm feeling hopeful and excited. Eating is definitely a chore, but it's getting better. Good luck.

pucca26

#17 Post by pucca26 »

I got braced on April 7th
Upper Lingual Braces - On, April 7th, 2006 - Off, August 23rd, 2007
Lower Inspire Ice Braces - On, June 9th, 2006 - Off, January 3rd, 2008

lizzbeth97

April 19th 830am

#18 Post by lizzbeth97 »

I got my braces on the 19th as well 830 am
by 6pm i was crying wondering why i didnt just take all that money and put a nice downpayment on a car...
but im feeling better about my decision now, just wish my cheeks would toughen up faster, i feel the need to just spread a whole case of wax on each of my teeth, and im wondering if those 'wax teeth' that they sell in candy stores would help my cause any...lol
im about to have my 28th birthday next month, im a big baby when it comes to pain!

sjsarre

#19 Post by sjsarre »

Hi there..

I am 30 years old and finally got braced at the beginning of April. I've had a few ups and downs and part of my brace broke on Friday night when I was brushing my teeth!

It will be nice to hear from everyone to see how their progress is going

jamie26

#20 Post by jamie26 »

3 weeks ago i had my wisdom teeth extracted along with 2 molars. I finally got through that pain and i'm just starting to feel "normal" again. So here we go again, maybe??? I am going today to get spacers and braces on Wednesday, April 26. I am 26 years old and a baby about everything. I am really nervous, but excited to get started at the same time. I just hope i dont have too much pain. :(

stacey07

braced just after april..

#21 Post by stacey07 »

I have booked and cancelled braces about 4 times now!! :roll: i figured it was now or never before i was black banned! so this monday (1st may) i get spacers and 4th i get braced. Ceramic top metal bottom. i only have a slight crossbite and some crowding so am lucky to only have to wear them for bout a year. i'm glad im doing it but still scared! will it change my face shape much or make my face heaps puffy!? cheers guys and goodluck to the rest of you getting braces soon!

xox

firefly

#22 Post by firefly »

i got braced today!