caved in face

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jingle

#16 Post by Jingle »

I noticed, too, that my face looked different after time spent wearing braces. I noticed my cheekbones more :) which I find is lovely. It definitely changes the impression of your facial features, but generally in a more positive light I think.

JumpTheDitch

#17 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Same, I've lost a fair bit of weight since being braced too. Since I was overweight though, I don't mind in the slightest! People tell me it's really noticeable in the face area, and my cheekbones are much more noticeable which is nice. I don't know how much weight I've lost since being braced since I only bought a set of scales last week, but I've gone from a size 16 to a size 10! :D

Having to brush my teeth after eating/drinking means no more snacking, drinking only water (ok, and coffee :oops:) along with eating being far more time-consuming and cumbersome. I eat a lot better too which is nice.

I also ride 90km's a weeks to work so I guess that helps...

juf_84

#18 Post by juf_84 »

JumpTheDitch, that is pretty much what I think life will be like after B-Day.

I am always snacking on things :oops: but I'm fairly sure that will change in a few weeks! I want to keep my teeth and braces clean and healthy, so that means brushing after every meal :-} - and I don't think I will decide to have a quick snack that I don't really need if it means having to go out and clean thoroughly!

Well done on going from a 16 to a 10! That is fantastic! :jump:
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

JumpTheDitch

#19 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Thanks juf_84, I'm pretty happy with it!
I always knew I shouldn't snack like I did but could never really find the movitation to stop! I certainly found it now :banana:.

Good luck with your b-day :thumbsup: