What are you most looking forward to?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jcdamon3

#16 Post by jcdamon3 »

I will enjoy throwing my Conair Interplak into the trash and not having to see it on my counter any longer. I will also enjoy not having to spend so much on floss! I just bought some threader floss today and it is $5.00! for 30 of them! I will also enjoy not having to wonder what is going to happen next and how much longer it will take!

Re: Food - I am eating almost everything, but yes, not having it get stuck is going to be true joy!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

MATEO'S

#17 Post by MATEO'S »

i would have to say eating--like now when i bite into something it hurts..Flossing i hate flossing it use to take 1 min now 6mins and im going to get a family photo a smile and show my teeth the first time, oh and not having stuff stuck in my teeth....that about it :wink:

drazda

#18 Post by drazda »

I'm looking forward to my lips not getting caught on the hooks anymore when I smile.

I'm looking forward to not having to put on chapstick a 100 times a day.

I'm looking forward to not having to make the trip to the ortho every month.

I'm looking forward to getting rid this monthly bill.

I'm looking forward to looking my age.

Luckily, my diet hasn't changed at all since I got braces, but there are still many other reasons I look forward to taking these off!
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

fins

#19 Post by fins »

I am looking forward to using a crest whitestrip. I love white teeth.

Anticipator

#20 Post by Anticipator »

I am looking forward to the day I'll be able to have a conversation while eating that will allow me to feel confident I won't have food lodged somewhere conspicuous.
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

SmileyGirl

#21 Post by SmileyGirl »

Well, I hope no one thinks I'm bitter or anything (!), but one of the things I am really looking forward to is the look on my ex-husband's face when he sees my beautiful, white, straight-teeth smile. Although every one of my friends and acquaintances said, "Oh, I didn't even realize you needed braces," my ex did and at times he made me feel pretty lousy. He's overseas right now and doesn't even know I got them, and that's fine with me. One day he'll see them and know that I loved myself enough to go for it. Braces is just one more thing on the list of things I do for myself these days.

Oh, and being able to chew wouldn't be so bad either! I can't say "Show my teeth when I smile" since I've been doing that since the day they were put on =)
Top brackets: 24 March 2006
Extractions: 21 April 2006
Expander: 28 April 2006

jcdamon3

#22 Post by jcdamon3 »

but one of the things I am really looking forward to is the look on my ex-husband's face when he sees my beautiful, white, straight-teeth smile.
That's a good one. Especially if he ever gave you a hard time about it. :lol:
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

CLAmom

#23 Post by CLAmom »

I look forward to not being self-conscious when smiling and to chewing with all my teeth.:HugeGrin:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

x3trinity

#24 Post by x3trinity »

I'm looking forward to eating a SNICKER BAR! Before braces I had to have a snicker bar at least every other day. :lol:

I also can't wait to take pictures with my new smile! (I always had to move my lower jaw forward to disguise my upper buck teeth when I smiled)

And of course I am looking forward to "biting into stuff" I hate having to pull pieces of sandwich apart, getting mayo on my fingers and then having to clean my hands.....is that gross or what

"God's love is always with you, God's promises are true."

OneBluCrayon

#25 Post by OneBluCrayon »

Other than the obvious of having a wonderful smile (and bite) the thing i am looking forward to is NOT having my teeth and gums hurt ALL THE TIME! :ouch: UG. I cant WAIT to get these things off... :)
If you're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!
Banded: Dec 24, 2004

butterfly

#26 Post by butterfly »

SmileyGirl wrote: Well, I hope no one thinks I'm bitter or anything (!), but one of the things I am really looking forward to is the look on my ex-husband's face when he sees my beautiful, white, straight-teeth smile.
I don't think this is bitter. I think it is a quite understandable feeling. There is a reunion coming up in 1 year or so. Some of my class mates always made fun of how I looked and stuff. Cannot wait for them to see my new smile. :D
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

sjsarre

#27 Post by sjsarre »

Up until now whenever I have looked in the mirror I see a relatively attractive women. But one that doesn't smile. To people that don't know me that well, it might be because they think i'm moody. But to my close friends and family its because i'm ashamed of my teeth.

The thing I look forward to the most once the brace is off, is to be able to smile without worrying that my teeth look hideous. For the first time in my life I will be eager to smile and won't be self conscious. I won't put my hand in front of my mouth when I laugh. Or look down or away when I smile. There will be photo's of me looking happy. The way I feel inside. As opposed to looking sad and glum.

Rather than remember those taunts at school from other kids i'll be able to grin and say "kiss me teeth!!"

:D

Dodger(UK)

#28 Post by Dodger(UK) »

sjsarre wrote:Up until now whenever I have looked in the mirror I see a relatively attractive women. But one that doesn't smile. To people that don't know me that well, it might be because they think i'm moody. But to my close friends and family its because i'm ashamed of my teeth.

The thing I look forward to the most once the brace is off, is to be able to smile without worrying that my teeth look hideous. For the first time in my life I will be eager to smile and won't be self conscious. I won't put my hand in front of my mouth when I laugh. Or look down or away when I smile. There will be photo's of me looking happy. The way I feel inside. As opposed to looking sad and glum.
Trust me, when you have your new smile, it will be like the storm clouds clearing overhead, and the sun shining through - metaphorically speaking of course :)

katmc_tx

#29 Post by katmc_tx »

I am looking foward to going out to dinner with my husband and friends and not having to either go home first to clean my teeth before enjoying the rest of the night out or taking a tooth brush, floss and mouth wash and using a public bathroom :yuck: to clean up after our meal.
I'm looking foward to being able to close my mouth while eating.
Also to smile without covering my mouth and my lips not getting caught on my braces.
I'm really just looking foward to not have to worry or think about my mouth 24/7 :roll: It is really draining having braces. :(
But I know in the end it will all be worth the time and effort :-)o
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

Fran1988

Eating a bannana

#30 Post by Fran1988 »

apparently the first thing people should do is eat a banana the day you debrace. Apparently the feeling of it gliding over your newly straightened Free teeth is gr8, providing of course you like bananas that is.