May 2nd is brace day!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

straighter-teeth

#16 Post by straighter-teeth »

Sorry BraceGirl you're having such a hard time. I'm not sure why they would only put on one part of the mouth and not the other. I've read that on other's comments too. My ortho did both upper and lower in ceramics.

I really swear by that Good Vibrations device. You really should look at purchasing one. The only problem is that it won't help once the pain is there. You have to use it before pain sets in.

bracegirl

#17 Post by bracegirl »

My teeth were done in the damon braces..so the brackets are a little smaller but still ugly enough! i guess im just getting used to it now.. im scared of getting canker sores though coz i get them alot even without braces.. but atleast im not really experiencing alot of pain.. it hurts a little but i can eat most soft things without pain.

bracegirl

#18 Post by bracegirl »

Thanks KK..you are right..today is day 3 with braces and i am getting used to it. before it felt like everyone was staring my braces but it was just me thinking that! i can kinda bite into bread and other semi-hard food now..thanks for all your suggestions though!