Being A Mom in Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EDWARD

Moms in braces

#16 Post by EDWARD »

Hello how about Dads with Braces,
Iam 42 Dad with full metal brackets on upper and lower teeth, I wear 2 rubberband on each side and a headgear about 16 hrs a day. My 3 children think its cool that there dad is a wire mouth and they tell me Don't go out side in a electric storm, ha ha.
I dont mind, I am getting use to all the wire looks and conversations about braces. Good luck it does get easier

Ravishing

#17 Post by Ravishing »

I nanny for an 11 month old (I've been taking care of him since he was 8 weeks). His mom and I thought he would notice my braces right away and want to grab at them or something but he really didn't care at all. If he noticed them he never let on to it.
Since that first day there have been a couple of days when he has stuck his hand in my mouth and poked at my bottom brackets. They are metal and I have bright blue ligs so I guess they're more attractive to him than my ceramic uppers with clear ligs.

I can also relate to the head butt to the mouth. Ouch :soremouth:
I love the little guy to death but I'm never very happy when he does that! I always carry a little bottle of ibuprofin with me for days like that (or for those days when the screaming never stops)!!
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

Granola

#18 Post by Granola »

I haven't had much to cope with. My son was excited when I got my braces put on, and asks me all sorts of questions like what elastics are for. I definitely am more careful about getting bumped in the mouth by his head when I carry him, but it's been all good here.
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

bip

#19 Post by bip »

Me too on the head butt - only it was my DOG! Just last night and jeez it hurt! My stepson is in braces at the same time as me. He got his a week before I did. It is cool to know what he is experiencing and I too think that it helps my attitude because i HAVE to be positive and not a whiner so that he will get the drift that it is just a part of life and not a big ordeal. So far he has been a real trooper too. He eats with less worries than i do!

Delag

#20 Post by Delag »

I have been putting a very positive spin on things for my kids. They will not escape braces in their future so I am trying to make it eaiser for them. They think my braces (metal) are very cool and can't wait to get their own :lol: I have taken my 8 year old with me to appointments so she will have an idea of what they are going to do to her someday. Of course I do tell them that they are a bit uncomfortable and take some getting used to -only time will tell if this will help make their braces experience eaiser.

Ravishing

#21 Post by Ravishing »

Hate to get off topic but whats the braces dream?

The only dream I've had about braces is that my husband was getting them and he was really upset. I kept trying to tell him that its not that bad but he wouldn't listen to me. He kept acting like it was the end of the world!!
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!