Does anyone get both removable AND bonded retainers?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chris

#16 Post by Chris »

I don't understand why so many people have movement even with their retainers. I know with the Hawleys that the ortho can correct any movement with some wire tweaking so why should it be that some have to go back into braces? Anybody hear any thoughts on this?
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

juf_84

#17 Post by juf_84 »

Hi!

I'm getting a retainer bonded to both arches. The only reason my ortho gave me was, quite simply, appearance- he understands that I may not like wearing plates when I'm out working in the 'real' world (I'm still a uni student but not for much longer).

I had never heard of a bonded retainer before but the more I find out about it the happier I am- if it keeps my teeth in place without me having to remember to wear it I am happy!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!