Second Time Around

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blackcat20

#16 Post by blackcat20 »

Got my wire clipped today; rang first thing this morning and they told me just to drop in when I got home. Only had to wait about 2 minutes before being seen. So am now back in the land of being only slightly uncomfortable rather than extremely uncomfortable :D

Still have to pay 6 grand though...but I figured that was the case, they obviously just forgot to mention a total cost when they gave me prices, either that or I suffered from temporary hearing loss and amnesia :P

Anyway, things are going well, will try to get some pics up soon, if i ever get around to charging my camera...

blackcat20

#17 Post by blackcat20 »

Went in for my first adjustment this morning.... Id finally got back to eating normally, and now im back to liquids :? My ortho has put in a new, thicker and much stiffer arch wire on both top and bottom.....and its painfull. Hopefully it will only last for a day or so, but i think that might be wishful thinking...

blackcat20

#18 Post by blackcat20 »

Had adjustment number two this morning!

Top wire has been left as-is, but my bottom wire has been changed to bring my lower teeth forward (i have an overbite)...apparently they are progressing really well, the only thing im not happy with at the moment is the huge gap between my lower front teeth...and the jaw pain that seems to come with an adjustment.... soft food it is! :D

blackcat20

#19 Post by blackcat20 »

KK wrote:Great news Blackcat! Try not too worry too much about the gap ... they are easily fixed!
So easily fixed that it has already closed up over the last 5 hours...no wonder my lower jaw hurts so much :shock:

blackcat20

#20 Post by blackcat20 »

I reached the one year appointment today (not quite 12 months becuase appts are every 8 weeks), and there is like at the end of the tunnel!

For the last two months ive had archwires that are designed to align my upper and lower bites, but I was being bothered by the fact my left front tooth (upper) was sitting on a funny angle. Went in this morning, my ortho noticed it straight away. The bracket was removed, and when he went to replace the same bracket he said that it wont be on for very long :D

Im taking that (and the choice of archwires) to mean that my braces will soon be gone!

With the tooth straightening, he has wrapped a wire tie around it, and "lassoed" it to my right front tooth...im guessing to pull it in to place a bit quicker...

blackcat20

#21 Post by blackcat20 »

Just to give you an idea of what my teeth are looking like...

Its my front left thats crooked (on the right in the photo). Its amazing how much its moved since the bracket was repositioned yesterday. Im guessing my wire lassoe is probably more accurately called a wire ligature, but it looks to me like its helping to pull the stray tooth into position (got a lovely gap happening in the middle now :roll: )

oh, and im not some food grub, thats a freckle going on near the corner of my mouth :roll:

blackcat20

#22 Post by blackcat20 »

After 18 months and 3 weeks....I'm NAKED!!!

It was a suprise removal, but we had planned to have them off by christmas. Talk about the perfect present. Photos to follow. :D

blackcat20

#23 Post by blackcat20 »

Before:

After (sorry for fuzzyness):

Ive got retainer wires top and bottom, and apparently Im getting a night retainer. My ortho is giving my teeth a week to settle first though.