ArchWired Cookbook? What do you guys think?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jeneva

#16 Post by Jeneva »

great idea and maybe pepper it with some brief anecdotes and tips and factoids.
Spacers in 17 June 2006
top braced 28 June 06
bottom spacers 6 November 06
bottom braced 16 November 06

CelestialVoices

#17 Post by CelestialVoices »

I know there's that Tender Teeth cookbook, but an actual Archwired one sounds like an awesome idea! :)

pokergirl

#18 Post by pokergirl »

Lynn,

That sounds like a wonderful idea. Another thing that would be very helpful would be for someone to come up with a braces/oral surgery recipe web site. I'm a member of recipezaar.com, and I can search for any recipe by name or by ingredient or by person. I can also submit my own recipes. That would be good for all the newbies each year who wanted to submit a recipe but missed the book deadline. Just an idea.

Gennel

#19 Post by Gennel »

I love the idea. I would love to get new recipes besides (mashed potatoes,pudding! lol This would come in great after adjustment appointments!

Gennel

bbsadmin

#20 Post by bbsadmin »

I'm thinking that if this book comes to fruition, I want to donate a portion of the profits to a dental charity. There is one charity in particular that helps needy kids get braces. I think that would be appropriate. There is also one that helps kids who were born with cleft palates/lips.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Kimber

#21 Post by Kimber »

I saw this post a while ago and wondered what was happening with it. A cookbook sounds like a great idea. It seems like a lot of us are obsessed with what we can and -- more likely! -- can't eat. What if we created a new section on the message board for food/recipes -- that way we could collect everyone's favorite recipes for the book and share and test them out?
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

bbsadmin

#22 Post by bbsadmin »

Yes, I still plan to do it. I've been up to my neck in home improvment stuff lately (plus end-of-school year stuff with my kids) and haven't been able to devote a lot of time to other things. It's at the top of my list of things to do for this site, etc. I promise it will be soon!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

BraceFace12

#23 Post by BraceFace12 »

The book sounds like an awesome idea. I also love how your thinking of donating a portion of the money from it.
Top Braces-8-12-04
Oral Surgery-6-3-05
Bottom Braces-11-15-05
Braces Off-8-22-06!

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through the tears.

Lee54

#24 Post by Lee54 »

Were you thinking of the usual type recipes, or presumably mainly ones for those who can't chew much after adjustments or eat certain foods due to the braces?

bbsadmin

#25 Post by bbsadmin »

It would be ONLY soft foods -- for people who have painful teeth, of course!

nvcarissa

#26 Post by nvcarissa »

I will be happy to be ONE of the proofreaders. This sounds like an excellent idea!!!

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

LoobyLou

#27 Post by LoobyLou »

Me too - I'll happily help out with any proofreading if I can.

I think it's a great idea - will be helpful for newbies and all of us when we have painful adjustments!

Keep us posted on the idea Lynn...

LooyLou xx
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

bbsadmin

#28 Post by bbsadmin »

Thank you guys! I appreciate the offer for help!