Anyone in here a singer?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Marzipan

#16 Post by Marzipan »

There is no question that singing will sometimes cause extra abrasions on the inside of the mouth. (Extra wax helps.) But the braces don't really STOP me from singing. It's just an extra challenge.

The one thing that bugs me is that I cannot properly WHISTLE now! I used to love whistling tunes, imitating birds, etc. Now the braces prevent me from getting my lips properly placed for a good whistle. I can sort of do it... but not well.

krooner

Thanks

#17 Post by krooner »

Thanks all!

I have been asked to sing a song at our Holiday party so I guess I will find out then how this works! :wink:

Gracie

principessa

#18 Post by principessa »

Hi Krooner - I can't sing - but I play the flute ..... well I USED to play the flute - unfortunately that pleaseure will be no more until I am de-braced!!! :?

Catmom

#19 Post by Catmom »

I put off getting my braces until I was finished the show I'm currently in, "Nuncrackers", which is a musical comedy. I just couldn't imagine breaking in braces and singing at the same time.

So, I get braced Dec 4th as our show finishes on Saturday. I'll still be singing in the church choir, so I'll let you know how that goes :singing: