How many "emergency" appointments have you made?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nvcarissa

#16 Post by nvcarissa »

I have had about three or four emergency appointments. Poking wires, wire that came out. That sort of thing.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

KathleenH

#17 Post by KathleenH »

Two - for brackets that fell off. I've had braces since January 2004.
Kathleen

Surgery survivor

CLAmom

#18 Post by CLAmom »

I've been in for "emergencies" 3 times in 4 months. 1st time was to have them grind the cleats on my molar bands & 2 other times for wire clipping. This last time they curved the wire at the ends so it doesn't jab after my teeth have moved. :roll:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

*Denise*

#19 Post by *Denise* »

I went once... The wire was poking my cheeks :x

Way Too Old For This

#20 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Probably had as many emergency visits as scheduled ones. I lost count. Most of them were because of an impacted canine that was tied to the archwire. My appointments were every two weeks, but the tie broke almost every week.

Since its been 'in' I haven't had any. I did bend a pokey wire with my toothbrush and once with my letter opener. I even cut one off with my jewelry making wire cutters. (That took a while) I actually think I'm getting used to pokey wires. I have one right now that I scrape my tongue across and my cheek gets caught on it, but its not making it sore. (Watch just because I bragged, it'll start hurting Friday evening about 5 min after the Ortho office closes for the weekend)

I think it is amazing what my mouth has gotten accustomed to. In the first week I thought I was in for 2 years of gigantasaurus canker sores.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

cookie

#21 Post by cookie »

I've had 3 emergency visits since I was first braced in Dec 2004 - twice I've eaten a powerchain, and once I dislidged the wire from the back bracket, and it bent funny and I couldn't get it back in.
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005

OneTime

#22 Post by OneTime »

Will have to go in tomorrow, my molar band just broke. So that will make it my first.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

mindwaves

#23 Post by mindwaves »

Four times so far since getting my braces on about 4.5 weeks ago now.

1) Bracket came off one of my teeth the day after getting my braces on. Ortho said because that tooth was too far back and had too much pressure on it.
2) Same day as #1 where the wire came off the same tooth. Orth put a tie wire around it I think.
3) Wire came out of bracket.
4) Wire came out of bracket.

All of the times, I pretty much had same day appointments sans the weekend and my ortho was pretty happy fixing the problems.

pk_girl

#24 Post by pk_girl »

I had one within a month of getting mine, I had a corn chip and I broke the Bracket. That is all the emergency appointments that I have had for now.

Henna_the_braceface

#25 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

none at all yet!

Henna_the_braceface

#26 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

none at all yet!

saycheese

#27 Post by saycheese »

So far.... 1.

About 6 hours after my last adjustment, my archwire popped loose. I was sitting there folding clothes and :::pop!::: I had to go in the next day to get it fixed.

I was soooo annoyed! :(
ceramic uppers
metal bottoms

Estimated Treatment Time - 36 months

Jillianleab

#28 Post by Jillianleab »

One, less than two minutes after leaving the orthos office the day I got my braces put on. Had a bracket pop off. Thankfully, none since then, but I haven't even hit two months yet!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

ucldbmine

#29 Post by ucldbmine »

I have my first "emergency" appointment tomorrow. I am clenching my teeth at night and hitting one particular tooth chipping a step out of it so I am being fitted with a soft split to save my teeth night time trauma.

BoringBrandon

#30 Post by BoringBrandon »

in 4.5 years none

and In 15 days they come off!!