Anyone finish/ing earlier than estimated?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hannah164

#16 Post by hannah164 »

jaswi wrote:My orthodontist told me straight up that 90% of their patients finish within 18-22 months. Yes there will be that 10% that get done faster or slower, but for the most part the timeframe they give you should be accurate.
I really hope that my estimated timeframe isn't accurate! :) Because my ortho told me at least 4 years and at 2 years when I asked him about how much longer he told me has no idea! :shock: HE doesn't even want to begin to guess yet! :? He said everytime he fixes something he finds another problem! :roll: To all of you who will or have finished early that's incredibly exciting and consider yourselves lucky! :wink: :D

Here's to hoping we all finish at least a little early! :lol: :thumbsup: :dance:

~hAnnah :frogbraces:

Top Braces: April 28, 2004
Bottom braces: November 16, 2005

jaws

#17 Post by jaws »

I was originally told 18 months, and I am getting my braces off sometime in the next few weeks, which makes it around 14 months...4 months early sounds good to me! :D
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006