What I don't like about elastics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

erica

#16 Post by erica »

This thread cracks me up - guess I'm not the only one who has wondered where all the elastics end up! Maybe they go to the place with all the missing socks from the laundry? :) Actually, my cats tend to bring them to me periodically. (Um, the elastics, not the socks. :) ) Does anyone out there know if swallowed elastics pass right through or if they fall into the "seven years to digest" category like chewing gum? I've had elastics for almost a year now and have resigned myself to just swallowing the darn things when they snap in public... Unlike other people here, I've definitely not lost any weight with my braces, so maybe I can blame the extra pounds on the elastics! :) Anyway, to Betty Bat and all the others out there going through the elastics process, thanks for the moment of humor, and I assure you, it gets better (my ortho said that by wearing mine faithfully, I reduced my treatment time by 6-12 months)!

Qtgirl

#17 Post by Qtgirl »

Wait a minute, am I the only one who "loves" my elastics :lol: Then again I just started wearing them two weeks ago, never skipped a day. They only broke off once when I was devouring a subway sandwich. I have light A- 3/16" maybe I dont know what Im getting into yet--so I better hush. :lol: Hey erica, thats great news your ortho gave you. I know you will be wearing yours every chance you get :) I need to ask my ortho if my treatment time will reduce at all. :idea: