Anyone in London?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Pagey

#16 Post by Pagey »

oh well not to worry (remember those blue national health glasses) hee hee! :lol:

Lisa65

#17 Post by Lisa65 »

LOL i had the pink NHS glasses!

Dark_angel

#18 Post by Dark_angel »

:D im with Miss Sargeson, she seems nice and Mr Greenwood is going to do my jaw surgery eventually.

i have my braces app. 10th and 17th August, any idea what happens at these 2 apps? do they glue the "whatsits" on one week and then put the wires on the next or do they do top one week and bottom the next? i should have asked really but i was just so releaved to get my app. though.
I see Miss Sargisson too, and my next appointment is on the 10th august at 3:20 so maybe i'll see you there.

Anyway, ill tell you what happened to me, i went on the first week (i presume you've already had moulds/xrays and photos) and they fitted me with spacers on the top and bottom for my molar bands, the next week when i went back they did my upper and lower braces, and i got to choose a colour of my choice.

Ive just been there today and had to wait 30 minutes after my appointment time to be seen because it was so busy, but alot of people were the same and the wait was apologised for.

You were wondering about getting ceramic braces, well i believe that you can pay a small ammount per bracket (im not sure on the exact figure) and actually get ceramics. It'd definatley be something you should ask on your first appointment.

At the moment the waiting times actually seem quite short im managing to get my appointments every 6 weeks.

mogwai

#19 Post by mogwai »

Hi - Im in London and in mid-twenties! :-1

I have tooth coloured ones, but im thinking of getting coloured ligs cos they look fun! so, not too worried about visibility here, and I have noticed a few adults with braces, they're few and far between thats all. Good luck with your bracing experience..

KriegeR

#20 Post by KriegeR »

LOL i had the pink NHS glasses!
...and the adults had to make do with the thick-rimmed, brown glasses! :D

In all honesty some of the modern NHS glasses actually rival the designed ones! My brother got a pair of NHS glasses last year, and they are those ultra-light, low profile glasses! :o

Pagey

#21 Post by Pagey »

thanks for the brill info dark angel!!!
my app is in the morning of the 10th.