2 weeks and counting

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jeneva

#16 Post by Jeneva »

That's encouraging! mmm... i can almost taste those golden buttery ears right now!! pass the salt and pepper!!
Spacers in 17 June 2006
top braced 28 June 06
bottom spacers 6 November 06
bottom braced 16 November 06

Pirate Wench

#17 Post by Pirate Wench »

I have to laugh because when I got my braces yesterday, I was given a list of "no no foods" and "be careful" foods. Corn on the Cob was on the "Be Careful" list. It just says to cut the corn off the cob before eating it. You can still butter it and salt it on the cob just like before. Just make sure you don't try to bite it off the cob because it will knock off your brackets! I love corn on the cob. It is on sale right now and soon it will be coming up in my mom's garden. I can't wait!

As for all the other foods....I ate a cheeseburger right after I got the braces on yesterday, I had chicken/corn kernels/and rice for supper, and I had froot loops and cheerios for breakfast this morning!

I think it will just take a little time to get used to how to chew these things and we will all do great!!! I found myself brushing my teeth excessively yesterday because of stuff in my brackets, but I am pretty sure that is what the dentist wants anyway...so away I go!
:thumbsup: