Damon braces question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Epyx

#16 Post by Epyx »

As far as having your wires pop out, I haven't had that problem. My ortho places a tiny ball of glue on the tip of each wire so the wire can't pop out. You might ask your ortho to do the same.
I'm curious about this ball of glue. Is it really glue, or some other kind of plasticky substance? And is the real purpose to protect the sharp ends ot the archwire?

I ask because I can't believe that my ortho leaves these sharp ends on the archwire without any protection. They dig into my cheeks and I have to keep wax on them permanently.

adollface

#17 Post by adollface »

Epyx-your archwire really shouldn't extend past your last bracket. If it does tell your ortho so he can cut it. I have had Damon's for 19 months now and when my teeth move sometimes the archwire will start to poke me but I call the office and they have me come right in to have the wire cut. They don't want me to be in pain like that. Anyway, good luck to all of you with your treatment. Mine are coming off in 3 hours and 40 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy
Damon 2's top and bottom
braced 12/16/04

Epyx

#18 Post by Epyx »

I promise you KK, I've had the wires re-clipped twice since I first mentioned it on this board. It's just that on one side on the upper, it's like my cheek is "fat" on the inside and it's always in contact.

Maybe I'm unusual in this regard. But since I experience it, I just find it so weird that ortho's will leave such sharp pieces of metal exposed this way.