Crest Whitestrips Premium Plus--Before and After Pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

katmc_tx

#16 Post by katmc_tx »

Hi Jaws, I've been debating where or how to get my teeth whiter after my braces are taken off and I think I will also try the crest strips. Your teeth really look great!! Thanks for the before and after pics.
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

chrisd

#17 Post by chrisd »

how did the white strips and the bonding work out. everything looks fantastic in the pics. i am so jealous. lol
chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

jaxxie118

#18 Post by jaxxie118 »

Wow, those are excellent results. Thanks for taking the before and after pictures. Now, I know if I need to do so, I should try that. Thanks. :)
Metal uppers & lowers + 1 tooth pulled
Estimated treatment time: 18 months

jaws

#19 Post by jaws »

Thanks so much everyone for your replies! At first, I didn't really think the strips had made a difference, but then when I compared the before and after pics I noticed a bit of change.

erica--The strips are very thin, like scotch tape. I think I actually read a post on here awhile ago about someone who was putting their essix retainer over top of the whitestrips and it worked great!

chrisd--The two teeth on each side of my two front teeth had bonding put on them when the braces came off, and they seem to match the rest of my whitened teeth. The ortho did say that he was going to make the bonding a little lighter than my 'natural' colour, since he knew that I planned on whitening. Also, the assistant mentioned that the whitening would also whiten the enamel under the bonding, so those teeth would still whiten (I don't know if that's accurate though).

So yeah, I'm happy with the results! There are a couple of teeth that I wish were a teensy bit whiter, but as someone else mentioned, I think then they would look fake! :D
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

Way Too Old For This

#20 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Jaws, your teeth look fantastic. I would be thrilled if my teeth could get that white. You must be very diligent to wear those white strips long enough to get those results. I used them before I got braces but couldn't hardly stand them on my teeth. Then I couldn't leave them alone so they would slip around. What I did like about the strips vs the trays is that it is easier to keep the whitening stuff off of your gums. That stuff irritates my gums.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

erica

#21 Post by erica »

Thanks Jaws, I think I'll give it a shot under my Essix!

Update: They fit no problem! :)
Braced 10/13/04
Debanded on 07/11/06!!! :)
Currently in upper and lower Essix retainers 24/7.

jaws

#22 Post by jaws »

Thanks again everyone for the comments on my (now whiter) teeth! I definitely think the Crest Whitestrips are worth the money! :D
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

totalwise

#23 Post by totalwise »

I just got my box, it says 'use twice a day for 30 minutes'.

Is that 30 means each session, or 30 minutes in total of both sessions.

Thanks

BobKitten

#24 Post by BobKitten »

wow, great results! i was disappointed to see the prices for whitening treatments at dentists around me, but these look really good - i'll definitely be giving them a go when the braces come off! thanks for the recommendation - and the cool 'before' and 'after' pics... i loves the pics!

discomom

#25 Post by discomom »

They look AMAZING!!!!! I have used the premium white strips before that I bought from the dentists office and I had really good results too. When I am all finished with braces I am going to do a refresher treatment. Congratulations! Your teeth really are beautiful!!!! Lori
s