Hello im new.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

loulou123

#16 Post by loulou123 »

Something very exciting happened yesterday....

I have a openbite as well as a overbite and yesterday i realised if i bring my lower jaw forward (as the operation will do) i can actually bite my front teeth together-immeditedy only just but im very very excited! :lol:

For the 1st time in 27 years i can feel what it would be like to have normal teeth, obviously i still need the operation as my overbite is still very very bad tho.

Told my mum and boyfriend and they looked like i was mad for being so excited! :roll:[/img]

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

timsmith

#17 Post by timsmith »

Hi Loulou,

I am another Brit, displaced to Canada around 10 years ago, I used to live in Hants, New Milton to be precise up until 1979 when I moved to Kent.

Just to add a note about the little stupid things that mean so much, yesterday after being braced for 1 week I managed to eat a whole apple, cut into pieces of course and it was still a painful chew. My wife looked at me as though I was mad, who cares, it made me feel good.

Keep the faith, it will be a good result.

Tim

Clarity ceramic uppers, In Ovation metal lowers, 18 by 25 archwires and powerchain on top front 4

loulou123

#18 Post by loulou123 »

Hi Tim

Very weird thing you have the same name as my boyfriend (tim smith) well i find it strange! Lol :lol:

Thanks for the support and congratulations on managing to eat an apple so early on!

Ive been determined to eat as near to possible as what i ate before, but even i didnt get close to managing that after a week. Your right tho its the little things that mean alot when the braces are getting you down.

Wha exactly are you having done?

Louise

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

loulou123

Photos of my teeth 10months on...im very happy!

#19 Post by loulou123 »

Heres a photo of my teeth on the tenth month mark of having my braces on.

I cant believe how good they look :D

Sorry for the poor picture quality its from my camera phone.

And heres one from the side view, this shows the true extent of my jaw alignment, which is still very poor so thats why i need double surgery i guess. :roll:

Am trying to find a picture of my teeth at the beginning so i can compare them, i know ive got one somewhere and will post it as soon as i find it.

loulou123

#20 Post by loulou123 »

Hi meryaten

Thanks, when i 1st got my braces i was told 18months before surgery and 18months afterwards.

But apparently im ahead of schedule, although no one has said by how much as of yet.

Ive got an appointment with ortho this thursday afternoon tho and my usual ortho has called in the consultant ortho to see where he thinks we should go next.....no im expecting elastics and pallette expander at some point so guessing the time may have come for one of these treats! :shock:

Im going to ask on thursday if they can give me a very approx date on the surgery, just a rough guide to how many months away it is likely to be would be nice! So ill keep you posted.

Thanks

Louise :D