What is most painful? Spacers, Powerchains,springs,molarband

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BraceUrself

#16 Post by BraceUrself »

for me, it was spacers,no question about it that hurt the most so far.
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

IndyBraceFace

#17 Post by IndyBraceFace »

Yep, spacers were the worst for me.

MarilynT

#18 Post by MarilynT »

No question -- spacers. I never had an adjustment or new power chains that caused much pain -- usually just some mild discomfort. Not so with the spacers.

I'm out of braces now and using a positioner. Positioner = painful. BUT, you can take it out!! Not so with the spacers.

Xero

#19 Post by Xero »

Wow, spacers were actually the most pleasant part of braces for me. Completely painless, even on my molars. :shock:

For me, the elastics hooked from the top teeth to the bottom are the worse for me.

Well, okay, nothing with braces really bother me.

sweet19bluesx

#20 Post by sweet19bluesx »

spacers are the worst? that's a relief to hear. I just got spacers yesterday, putting them in didn't hurt any more than flossing. Today I realized my teeth are a bit sore when I tried to bite something so I'll probably have to eat soft food until I get these out but that's hardly anything to worry about.

Xero

#21 Post by Xero »

Hmm..maybe the other members are referring to the metal spacers? If so, I never had those.

sjsarre

#22 Post by sjsarre »

I had a powerchain fitted on Friday to close up an extaction gap... It hurt for about 48 hours and now I can't even tell its there unless I move my tongue over that area and I can feel it!

Luckily I didn't have spaces or molar bands.

I've got two springs on the top front teeth. They are quite painful..

Dramagyrl

Notice?

#23 Post by Dramagyrl »

On the topic of the different painful procedures, I'm curious to know if you were given notice about the procedures so you could research like this beforehand? This website is the first time I have heard of a lot of these things, so I wonder if I will be from my ortho down the road.

fantasia

#24 Post by fantasia »

Spacers were the worst pain. Everything else was nothing compared to that week of torture.
Braces on: September 9, 2004
Treatment time: 2 years