Pizza

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nvcarissa

#16 Post by nvcarissa »

Knife and a fork worked wonders in the early days. I would use them for hamburgers too! Pizza is off limits for me right now...and my goodness, I miss it!!

I keep telling myself that this isn't forever...it only FEELS like it. Two more weeks of "No Chew" and then.... :?:

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

paulosportz

#17 Post by paulosportz »

i eat anything.... just takes some time and more effort

eg cutting up into smaller peices and chewing carefully

cheese always gets stuck everywhere after pizza lol

Lisa65

#18 Post by Lisa65 »

Cooked cheese is about the worst thing for wrapping round the brackets!

Dark_angel

#19 Post by Dark_angel »

:D pizza. Its one of my favorite foods, and to believe i only started eating it a few years back, always hated it. I couldnt live without it, and near my ortho is a pizza hut so after an adjustment i normally pop in for a pizza :oops: I admit it was difficult to eat at first but im used to it and i even enjoy the crusts.

I think corn on the cob has to be the worst thing for getting stuck in the brackets.

Paws917

#20 Post by Paws917 »

When you all eat pizza, do you only eat cheese pizza? I imagine some toppings might be easier on the braces than others. Anyone have any experience with them? Also, do you all eat thin crust? Thick crust (or pan pizza) seems very bready and that might be easier to chew.

Pizza is a weekly staple in our house!

Erin

mamabracito

#21 Post by mamabracito »

My ortho gave me a list of things to avoid and things I can have. Pizza was on the list of things I can have but they said to break up the crust and then eat it. Not to pull the crust about with your teeth. I'm sure every ortho is different though.

Rebecca

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

July 18, 2006 Speed Braces on both Top and Bottoms!
July 30, 2007 BSSO, Le Fort 1, SARPE, and something else Surgery lol!

Dark_angel

#22 Post by Dark_angel »

I never got given or told a no no list. Ive eaten everything i've wanted too and only needed one bracket replaced in 9 months, but that was caused by eating a baguel.

As long as your careful you can have whatever you want, and adults are better at lying about how they broke their brackets :roll:

payoki

#23 Post by payoki »

I have pizza at least once a week but i did have wire come off while eating pizza. :lol:
mother of one.

tokidoki

#24 Post by tokidoki »

(Who eats pizza with a knife and fork? The crusts are there for a reason: handles)

But seriously, don't let the "no-no" list scare you. It's for the kids who chomp away carelessly. Through my treatment I've had everything: gum, taffy, hard tacos. As long as you're careful and smart (which I'm sure you are), there is no reason to limit yourself unless it hurts.

Paws917

#25 Post by Paws917 »

I think you're all right -- the no-no list is mainly for kids.

Erin

Cor1

Good to know..........

#26 Post by Cor1 »

Hi there I thought I was doing o.k. with the spacers and my eats, but I am basically stickin with anything that I can chew with my front teeth right now, and anything that disolves quickly for munchies (like popcorn twists or cheese puffs!!)

I have already learnt that makin my food into tiny bit size pieces is the way to go...............so I am hopin that I will be able to handle my eats when my braces arrive, which will be in 7 days!!!