Eating with braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

eoberhauser

#16 Post by eoberhauser »

My only "I can't eat pain" was in the first few days. (it takes more than just braces for me to not eat!) My favorite thing to eat was Mac n Cheese spirals. They are so small you can almost just swallow them whole. (BE CAREFUL!) It also feels substantial - not like you're resorting to eating smoothies or somthing that would make me panic like I was starving myself!

tin_grin

#17 Post by tin_grin »

BreeZyCheeZy, it sounds like you and I have the same problem. :( I have an overbite so when my braces were put on, my upper teeth hit the lower brackets and my teeth don't touch. The braces were put on 11 days ago and I still can't chew. I've been having yogurt shakes, ramen noodles, pastina and cream of wheat. Argh! Sometimes I think I'll never chew again!

principessa

#18 Post by principessa »

It'll be 3 weeks on Thursday since I've had my braces and I'm still finding it difficult to chew, mainly cos the mouth ulcers and lacerated cheeks!!! Heinz and Weightwatchers do these great 'portable' soups that you heat up in the micro for 1min30 secs and I take them to work with a bit of bread which I drown in it so it's all squidgy - it's great as I can't manage a sandwich yet!!!

I thought eating 'supernoodles' was a good idea as they're soft - but they do tend to get intwined and tangled in my braces!!! :HugeGrin:

All the best!!
P x

lionfish

#19 Post by lionfish »

Talking about things getting entwined, I've been eating this pesto type paste made out of ground cashews and various greens. It's very nice, but it seems to get stuck between every single bracket!