Do you learn on here? From your ortho? Or both?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kimber

#16 Post by Kimber »

This board has been awesome for learning everything about braces. I talked yesterday with a woman who just got her braces off a few months ago and I was explaining to her how the archwires do the work. She wore braces for 2 1/2 years and had no idea how they worked! And I certainly wouldn't either if it wasn't for here. I know I can ask my ortho anything, but I actually find I haven't needed to yet because I haven't had any questions that haven't been answered by just reading through the posts -- mostly in answer to questions I never would have thought to ask!
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

hidngat39

#17 Post by hidngat39 »

I learn from both sources.

Since my ortho's practice is mostly kids who just sit there and take it, I think he was initially surprised when I had so many questions about my treatment.

He was curious as to where I got my information and has since checked into Metal Mouth. I have made some comments on a few issues I was having and he was terrific to explain why things would/would not work for me. I totally appreciate both places-you guys ROCK!!! :lol:
I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!

Chris

#18 Post by Chris »

He was curious as to where I got my information and has since checked into Metal Mouth. :
Don't you wonder sometimes how many orthos actually visit this site, just "lurking" without posting for fear they may be inundated with questions! :lol:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007