Headaches and Braces....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blondie111

#16 Post by blondie111 »

Hey there!

I too suffer from headaches, but I don't get any more than usual since I got my braces on. But I am supposed to be getting elastics here soon, so that story might change. I hear the elastics can be very uncomfortable, so I hope I don't get any more from those!

Good luck with your treatment!

I'm 32 and will be in braces for almost 2 years!

tardissauce

#17 Post by tardissauce »

I too used to suffer horribly from migraines - Two years ago I was placed on a restrictive diet (No Dairy, No Cow, No Pig). Ever since then I have been fine, no complaints. Diet sometimes is a factor, but migraines can be caused by anything, migraines are your bodys way of reacting to something. The trick is finding out what that something is. I highly recommend seeing an allergist and a nutritionist. :HugeGrin:

JoeMama

#18 Post by JoeMama »

I had headaches everyday for the first two months of braces. They were so annoying! :evil: :evil: But finally they went away. All I can recommend is Advil (or other) and try and keep your stress down during headache time. I'm sorry that you're getting them. Some of us are just more sensitive to pressure in our heads!?
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

*Denise*

#19 Post by *Denise* »

tardissauce wrote:I too used to suffer horribly from migraines - Two years ago I was placed on a restrictive diet (No Dairy, No Cow, No Pig). Ever since then I have been fine, no complaints. Diet sometimes is a factor, but migraines can be caused by anything, migraines are your bodys way of reacting to something. The trick is finding out what that something is. I highly recommend seeing an allergist and a nutritionist. :HugeGrin:
:lol: I have a headache right about now. I had an adjustment earlier too. Hmmmm! :?