I cannot believe it

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Iccle_Peanut

#16 Post by Iccle_Peanut »

Hey guys, at least i know i'm not alone here then.

KriegeR, i went for my first consultaion in May so in all about 5 months is the wait i have. I know i've waited ages anyway, but i wanted my brace on BEFORE i went back to uni. I wanted to get over the pain and get used to wearing it....as i'm a wimp who hates any pain at all. I live in Trafford but am using an ortho in Manc.

I'll ring them and ask them about a cancellation then i.e. fit me in nowww!!!

Thank you very much everyone....and i'm really sorry your not going to get to see my pre brace piccies of my gorgeous smile :roll:

nvcarissa

#17 Post by nvcarissa »

I had to wait about six months from my consult until I finally got my braces on because I had to consult with my oral surgeon (twice) and then wait for insurance to approve my surgery, and then wait for an appointment to get braced.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

strugglebuggy

#18 Post by strugglebuggy »

Oh my, i just had a flashback of myself a couple of years ago.

I got my wisdom teeth out in October of 2004, and I had to wait 6 weeks to get my braces on. But when I went to book the appt., I couldn't get in until February. I was so bummed. :( Luckily, the time passed quickly and I've now been in braces over 18 months. :)

hippyhippo

#19 Post by hippyhippo »

If I waited untiL I met with my oral surgeon, it likely wouldn't be until November before I got my braces.

I'm content with my insurance covering a (very small portion) of my braces. If they cover any of the approx 4-6K CDN for the surgery, then I'll be giddy with excitment. But I knew that even if they didn't it wasn't going to make a difference as to whether or not I had surgery, so why wait? Get these braces ON! ;)

grinning

#20 Post by grinning »

I had to wait a loooong time! I'm being treated in the Orthodontic Graduate Program at the local university, so I first called last... oh... I think it was July or August. I was very excited when I recieved a call around February (it was supposed to be a 12 month wait). Wait a month, then the initial appt, wait a month, records, wait another month or more, top brace finally on June 5! But, I thought it doesn't really matter! I waited a long time before doing anything, what's another more year! Try your best just to put it out of your mind (easier said than done I know :lol: )

Blonde_Metal04

#21 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

I've lucked out as far as waiting time to get braces, or any other appointments for that matter... I went to my consult on the 3rd, got X-rays and Moulds that very same day, came back a week later for spacers, and am getting braced tomorrow! I told to receptionist I was eager to just get it over with, and she gave me the appt.....
Spacers: 08/09/2006

toothfairy

#22 Post by toothfairy »

Sorry to hear about your wait, but the wait isn't too bad. I was lucky as I am in school, and needed to get everything done before I headed back to school. The receptionists said that my process was the fastest they've ever had - I went in for the consultation beginning of August, and just had my upper braces put on yesterday.

9/11/06: 1st adjustment
10/13/06: Extraction of the molar
10/16/06: 2nd adjustment
Expected treatment time: ~24 months