Preventing coffee stains on a power chain

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lillers

#16 Post by Lillers »

OMG, Meryaten! I just checked out that link under your "brains" signature thing. LMAO!! I can see that you have a healthy appreciation of warped humor, so you might want to check this out. Caveat: yup, it's pretty distrubing....

:huh:

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

watch them (if you still want to after episode 1) in sequential order.
Braced March 2005 (lower); November 2005 (upper); all ceramic. Goal = correcting overbite.

Lower jaw surgery was successfully performed December 18, 2006.

lildave

#17 Post by lildave »

I have had power chains for about 5 months all in all. I like you am addicted to coffee and drank normally, no straw or anything of that sort. I didn't notice my chains stain at all! I wear grey usually and I have no problems with them staining. I'm also an avid Chai Tea drinker and that's black tea but I've yet to see them stain from that either!! I hope this helps and enjoy your space being brought together!! At least your pulling together now and not apart! :)

Lillers

#18 Post by Lillers »

Hey, lildave –– are your grey powerchains appreciably more noticable than white ones?

I'll see how my white chain is looking by the next adjustment, but as of now (knocking on wood) it's still white, and I've had tomato-based pasta sauce and all kinds of no-nos. (I just brush right after.) Not going to take any chances with curry though, as much as I love it.
Braced March 2005 (lower); November 2005 (upper); all ceramic. Goal = correcting overbite.

Lower jaw surgery was successfully performed December 18, 2006.

fins

#19 Post by fins »

I've stained a clear chain quite badly, due to tomato sauce and coffee. This time I'm giving up both and hoping I can get to the next adjustment without staining the chain too badly. I have to admit, the last time the chain looked nasty by the time I had it removed. I'm switching the color if I have to.