Please just look at this!? No way to close my mouth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

joney

#16 Post by joney »

Gennel

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that this can be sorted out soon to make life a bit easier for you.

Regards
Laura

hathetran

#17 Post by hathetran »

gosh that looks painful...hope it gets better

MS1

#18 Post by MS1 »

That looks so painful. :( I feel for you. Sure hope it gets better soon. Sounds like a great excuse for a milkshake.

Gennel

#19 Post by Gennel »

I went in this morning to see my ortho. I actually felt bad going in today. I told him I did not want to go in just to bother him. I told him that this problem was causing a lot of pain and I knew that this is the ONLY way to do this. I told him that if there was another way to speed these molars moving upright, that I would do it even if it was painful. So he told me that instead of getting elastics in 6 weeks that he would put me on 1/4" medium elastics to get these molars moving faster. He asked to see me in 2 weeks for a progress check. So he opened up the cleats on the inside of the band ,facing my tongue and put elastics from the inside of my bottom molars to the outside of my upper molars. As soon as I swallowed I felt the cleats scrape my tongue like fishing hooks! So everytime I swallowed it was getting cut. I went immediately and got wax and got instant relief from that at least. So far the wax has been on for 6 hrs. I can't feel that the elastics are in my mouth but I can feel the pain on those teeth!!! I can see his expression of sincere sympathy and he assured me that I wasn]t bugging him! lol So I'm taking 2 Tylenol now and taking a much needed nap! We are currently waiting for Hurricane Ernesto that should be here by Wednesday so I've been out all day getting supplies!

ImageImage

Gennel

tamsteve

teeth

#20 Post by tamsteve »

Wow, yeah i can imagine it hurt really bad!! But, i don't blame you for going back even if you have to feel more pain to speed the moving of those teeth! I have been in top braces going on 3 wks now and i will get my bottom ones next month. I hope i won't be hurting to bad with the bottom ones but, i hear that they are more painful!! :cry: Hope you feel better and good luck with the hurricane....i'm from Louisiana and it's a year today since katrina hit so, i know how ya'll feel!! :lol:

wiredkitty

#21 Post by wiredkitty »

You poor thing. You've made me realise how easy I have it in comparsion - I will never complain again!

I hope it gets easier for you soon. In the meantime, lots of cold drinks and ice cream!

32yr old Kiwi
Braces on 10 August 06
1st adjustment 21 Sept 06
2nd adjustment 6 Nov 06
Surgery in a year
Expected treatment time: 24 months

joney

#22 Post by joney »

Gennel

Worried about you. What did the ortho say on Monday? Have been checking in to see how you were getting on but no news. Hope all is well. Hope you are well.

My youngest daughter is getting her brace tomorrow. Older daughter a bit happier now that I pointed out what a lovely 10 teeth smile she has compared to some of her friends.

Regards
Joney

Joanna20

#23 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey, I agree - that does look painfull :shock:
I'm glad u got braces to correct it :D
Good luck with those elastics,
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

joney

#24 Post by joney »

Gennel

I am so silly! I have been worrying about you but not checking the post properly. Just read it properly now. Hope that it helped. I believe that Ernesto fizzled out. The hurricanes haven't been too bad this year for you guys, glad about that.

Regards
Joney

PaulKariya

#25 Post by PaulKariya »

All I can say is OUCH!