Reluctance to post photos

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Blonde_Metal04

#16 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

Personally, I am the kind of person who is not afraid to post pictures of my teeth/ myself online. I feel like the web is an extension of the world, and I go out into the world everyday. It's not like people know my address or what university I attend. That being said, I feel that yes, pictures are a good way to post your progress, and let everyone see exactly what you are talking about, but, we will still support you, even without the pictures. And, you can STILL take pictures for your own personal use, and just describe to us how it is going. Either way, no one is here to judge you, and we back you uo 100%!

:D
Spacers: 08/09/2006

cmm1280

#17 Post by cmm1280 »

Before locating this website, I would have to say that I would never have even THOUGHT to put a picture of my crazy teeth on a website. :shock: But as you may have noticed, seeing other's progress is quite amazing. It's great to see proof that even as an adult teeth can be moved. I know that seeing other's photos have helped me commit to getting braces at 25. (I still have another 2 mths until they go on). But I know now, that once I get them on, I want to be able to see my progress. I am so anxious to actually SEE the progress unfold.

**Just a thanks to all who do post photos that are inspirational others.

**Braced 22 months and 3 weeks. Estimated 24 months treatment time.

joney

#18 Post by joney »

Thanks everyone for all your replies. I knew everyone would be supportive which is what makes this such a good place. Thanks Lynn.

I'll see how it goes with my progress once I have the brace on and my teeth start moving. At the moment it is hard to imagine change but I have seen amazing progress on this site so unless I am some sort of medical fluke I imagine my experience will be the same and I'll be so excited that I'll want to share it with everybody. I think it was just the shock of seeing my teeth in all their glory that shocked me. :shock: Most of us wouldn't normally have a big closeup photo of our top and bottom teeth so it is a pretty strange experience seeing them like this for the first time. Thanks again for the support.

Regards
Joney

jcdamon3

#19 Post by jcdamon3 »

I guess the other reason I haven't posted pics is because I didn't take pictures in the beginning. Also I doubt my story would be inspirational to anyone. I thought my teeth were pretty straight and I just got braces for my bite. I am a bit worried that my teeth will look worse now that they are straighter. I know, sounds stupid huh? I am paying all this money for me teeth to look worse? Well I am hoping that all this is incentive for me to really make sure that I wear a night guard from now on so that my teeth are not damaged any longer. All this has really made me realize more about how much damage was actually done.

So in the END, I am hoping to get my before pics from my ortho and then show my completely done smile. And then if I get any restorations done I will be showing those off too!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!