Time in braces...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chris

#16 Post by Chris »

I had original estimate at 18-24 months. I am now at 27 months and looking into another 4-6 months!
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

bracesmom

#17 Post by bracesmom »

I'm not liking these extended timeframes :shock:

I was given 18-24 mo. I'm in month 11. My teeth seem to be straight, just bringing down the bite gap between top and bottom; HOPING I'm almost there!
Advocating for our nation's waiting children at Adoptive Parents Network

Chris

#18 Post by Chris »

All I can say is, straightening teeth can go quickly, but making the bite work presents its own challenges. Then there are those nasty setbacks like I'm experiencing :cry: .
Top Braces June 2004
Debanded January 2007

victory1

#19 Post by victory1 »

Chris wrote:All I can say is, straightening teeth can go quickly, but making the bite work presents its own challenges. Then there are those nasty setbacks like I'm experiencing :cry: .
Same here. My teeth looked straight 9 months ago, in fact I thought I would be done by June the most. My bite is the problem, she's been working on that since January. :(

stRaighteR

#20 Post by stRaighteR »

at my consult he told me 12-18 months...after records he said 24 months...i guess he saw extra stuff that needed working on in the x-rays like my roots are bonkers or something :roll:

stRaighteR

#21 Post by stRaighteR »

at my consult he told me 12-18 months...after records he said 24 months...i guess he saw extra stuff that needed working on in the x-rays like my roots are bonkers or something :roll:

Chris

#22 Post by Chris »

All I can say is, straightening teeth can go quickly, but making the bite work presents its own challenges. Then there are those nasty setbacks like I'm experiencing :cry: .
Same here. My teeth looked straight 9 months ago, in fact I thought I would be done by June the most. My bite is the problem, she's been working on that since January. :([/quote]

Glad I'm not the only one. :cry: Everyone keeps telling me "when are you getting them off, your teeth look so straight!" :x :x :x
Top Braces June 2004
Debanded January 2007