How long after bicuspid/premolar extraction were you braced?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Henna_the_braceface

#16 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

i had my extractions in the middle of december and then my braces put on, in the middle of january 2006.

sjsarre

#17 Post by sjsarre »

I had my brace on exactly 7 days after my extractions. The Ortho said it was to give my extraction sites time to start the healing process.

battleangel232232

#18 Post by battleangel232232 »

hmm interested.. I been schedule to have my extractions done this coming sept 27 and elastic to put on to close the gap on Sep,28.. 1 day after!!!! dose this sound right??

Joual

#19 Post by Joual »

battleangel232232, it sounds like you already have your braces on, so maybe that is right.

battleangel232232

#20 Post by battleangel232232 »

battleangel232232, it sounds like you already have your braces on, so maybe that is right.
ya I have my brace on now , but is doing nothing except to sit in my teeth. My orth told me things will start to move when he put the elastic on which is done 1 day RIGHT after my extractions.. so my concern is dont i need time to heal to start closing the gap with elastic???

I tried call my orth but he is ALWAYS busy!!!! i dont know is any orth always this busy??

Joanna20

#21 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey Battle Angel, who sheduled this? You or your ortho? I hope you get to chat w/ him and make sure the timing is right! Good luck!

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Joual

#22 Post by Joual »

battleangel, Next time you call your ortho, ask the receptionist if she can give him your message. Even if he can't answer your questions while you're on the phone, the receptionist should at least give him your message so that you can get an answer.

battleangel232232

#23 Post by battleangel232232 »

I scheduled myself.. I kind of ask my orth about this b4 but he said I can immediately schedule to put the elastic, but not sure if “1 dayâ€

Joanna20

#24 Post by Joanna20 »

he, here on the site it says "Almost immediatly". I would take imediatly as an "the same day", so I think you'll probably be alright?! If not, ur ortho. will have to make room for you the following week! He should have told you how many days... but oh well!
I think u'll be OK! I'm very nervous too! So good luck :wink:
Joanna

ps - update us!

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

battleangel232232

#25 Post by battleangel232232 »

If you have an archwire across your brackets then they will be doing something, as the archwire works on it's own ... and doesn't need elastics or anything else. In the beginning a very flexible archwire is used to loosen teeth, so they can begin their journey. If you have brackets without an archwire, yes, then they are just sitting there and waiting for your ortho do something.
well is actually two small thin wires twisted around itself.. not sure if thats u had , but I dont really feel like my teeth are moving at all :cry:
Battleangel if your ortho agreed to this, then he must consider it's find. I'm sure he'll be using a large elastic with low force, so had not to cause the damage to the newly extracted area
The things is.. I schedule myself .b4, my orth told me I can come back to him after extractions right after, but I'm not sure if 1 day consider "right after" . I tried calling him back but he's to busy to take my call and I dont really want to waste going to my orth so he can tell me he needs more time for the gap to heal to do anything.

I was thinking , can we change elastic ourself?? if thats is true, maybe I can just take elastics and put them on myself later when my gaps are heal.

battleangel232232

#26 Post by battleangel232232 »

the elastics i'm referring to is the one that is use to close the gap from my extractions. I dont mean powerchain or the loop chain.

o I also found out that the wires that is current in my month is call laceback wire (the one that twist around).. here is more info http://www.archwired.com/Photos-Macy.htm

indecisive and scared

#27 Post by indecisive and scared »

Bumping this thread - I've just been informed that having had four extractions (of my frist molars!!) last month, i now have to wait until Jan to get the brace fitted as my ortho's had to cancel my Dec appointment. I am worried in case my other teeth start to tip or shift, but he just can't see me before then.

Is this normal? I am very disappointed and incredibly worried. It's ruined the whole festive season for me.

If this makes a difference, the extractions are taking a long time to heal and I've had two dry sockets.