Am I the oldest?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

broochie

#16 Post by broochie »

I am 47. And I am glad I did not do it when I was in my teen/twenties, because the technology is so much more advanced and less painful nowadays !

lionfish

#17 Post by lionfish »

54 and not quite nine months into treatment. I'm going well and, according to my ortho, detailing phase is not far off. I'm not crossing fingers they'll be off before I'm 55, but they should be off before I'm 60!!

Broochie, I share a similar view. When I was a teenager, braces were much more of an ordeal than they are now. I have no regrets about not having had treatment then.

Way Too Old For This

#18 Post by Way Too Old For This »

I'm 53, had braces for a year. I had a baby tooth pulled and an impacted canine brought over and down. Not the oldest here, but I was my oral surgeon's oldest canine exposure patient.

I have an estimated 1 1/2 years to go.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

neelie

#19 Post by neelie »

I am 56 and have been braced since Oct. 5,06. Ceramic on top and metal on the bottom. Wore braces as a teen but then had total relapse. Took me years and years to get up the courage to see an orthodontist. Once I made that decision I went full speed ahead. My teeth are very crooked and I am just so glad I am finally doing something to improve my teeth. I guess you are never too old.

Julie08

Baby tooth

#20 Post by Julie08 »

I have a baby tooth, too. I'm 44, and my dentist said I'm the second to the oldest person he's seen with a baby tooth. (now I know none of you have my same dentist!) But I wasn't even a close second place - first place :wink: was a 74-year old man!

Chris

#21 Post by Chris »

50 here.

Yes, I think Huon was the oldest! I wonder how he is doing?
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

tkais

#22 Post by tkais »

I've been 48 since July

Dreamer

#23 Post by Dreamer »

Got mine on at 49, will be 51 in February '07. It's never too late!
full metal braces 4/26/05~~debanded 12/13/07!
12/13/07 bonded retainers + wrap around hawley

CLAmom

#24 Post by CLAmom »

46 going on 47 here. You're never too old to fix your teeth, just remember that.

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Nikkiekoala

#25 Post by Nikkiekoala »

Aine wrote:Hi Betty Bat!

I am 48 and still have a baby tooth (bottom). Dentist won't pull because the roots are still in great shape......looks like I'll probably have it for life!!
I am 43 and also have a baby tooth on the bottom. I had 2 baby teeth but one loosened from the jaw and needed to be pulled. The other is firmly set, has a crown and looks like I will keep it for life too.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

Attagirl2

#26 Post by Attagirl2 »

HI, I started at age 51 1/2 and just got them off at 53 1/2 ... 1 year 11months and 1 day....

Age doesn't matter, desire does!
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

Beckvan

#27 Post by Beckvan »

52 here, 53 in March. Will be braced this coming Thursday.

xtrememkovr

#28 Post by xtrememkovr »

I'm 39. A woman at my gym who is a dental hygienist told me that her boyfriend was braced when he was 61. :) She says he got them off at 63 and she LOVES his teeth (as does he, of course). I thought that was so neat that she told me about it. There is another woman who works at the coffee place next to my gym who got her braces at 46. There are TONS of adults near my job who have been braced or who are braced. I hardly see any kids in braces, matter of fact. It's all us oldie but goodies who are takin the plunge!! ;)

X.

SHORTIN1

#29 Post by SHORTIN1 »

I was 48 yrs when the braces went on, they'll come off when I'm 51. Right now I'm 49 yrs. 3 months.
SHARI