Should I do it? Get braces or not? Need input fast (please)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ellebee

#16 Post by ellebee »

Wow. I love you guys. I couldn't get on the board all day, kept getting an error message, so I only saw the first response last night.

Anyway, I did it!

I got my spacers. I was so nervous. They had a hard time getting them in too, one broke. But now they are in, and so far they don't feel too bad. I'm going to take some Aleve now, just in case.

It was so great to get back and read all the encouragement -- even after the fact.

Thanks!

I hope to continue to participate in this forum and share experiences.

Elle

ellebee

#17 Post by ellebee »

Oops.
Last edited by ellebee on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ellebee

#18 Post by ellebee »

Sorry.
Last edited by ellebee on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ellebee

#19 Post by ellebee »

Hit submit too many times.
Last edited by ellebee on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ellebee

Awesome

#20 Post by ellebee »

But Thanks Again!!!

iBorg

#21 Post by iBorg »

Congrats on starting treatment. Today will be one of the three hardest days in the treatment. The next will be the actual placing of the braces. After that will come the excitement of adjustments and hearing how much progress you've made, and then the other half being put on.

The next scary day, I imagine, will be the day they come off. Then you'll see how wonderful your teeth are after treatment.

Finally take pictures this before the baces, and pictures in the first two days with braces. When you get disgusted with the process, look at the progress shown in those pictures. Even after a couple of weeks, they’ll give you great encouragement.

Welcome to the board and good luck in your treatment.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Wired1

#22 Post by Wired1 »

All Right Ellebee!!! Congrats and welcome to the initiated!!!

I couldn't access the board yesterday either, but I was thinking of you.

Meryaten listed all the good stuff you need to remember, and I'll just add one from my own list of stupid stuff I did:
Do not floss out your spacers. Remember that you DO have spacers -- it's not a UFO (unidentifiable food object) stuck between your teeth...

Good going girl!!
Class 2, Division 2
Expander 10/05-8/06
SARPE 11/05
Metal self ligating braces installed 11/05

iBorg

#23 Post by iBorg »

when your brace day?

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.