Do you ever have single teeth that hurt?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kat

#16 Post by Kat »

It is weird.
Even when I crunch down on a tooth that was totally fine it hurts like crazy. I KNOW I cracked the tooth but really didn't. Biting on the tooth hurts like it's cracked but after some time (and VERY much worry I may add).

Guess I'm turning into a real baby here. I've now had a real chance to take a real look at my teeth and the importance of them--they only ones we have.
I am into a whole bunch more work now after these braces come off and many more $$$ involved maybe some veniers, root canals, a posts crown. etc.

I know there was a reason to do this, I know there was a reason to do this, I know...
:cry:

Kat

#17 Post by Kat »

Hmm, today the pinging is back. It goes on and on for awhile maybe a couple hours then goes away for awhile.
I'm really starting to worry. I had something stuck under the gum in this tooth about 10 days ago then I went back to the dentist and asked if he would look again to see if we missed some of the substance under the gum he said nothing was there.

I want to trust this. The discomfort is not like a normal soreness when pressure is applied it happens when I'm not eatting anything and it kind of feels like a cold poker is applied on and off. It feels like pressure. I had the thing stuck in my gum a day before my last adjustment.
I guess I'm really wanting to know if it's a normal thing this kind of sensation. DrS stated Transistory pulpitis if that's what it is then I'm ok with this. Anyone have this pinging going on in a tooth at times?

Thanks you guys I appreciate it.

Higgy

#18 Post by Higgy »

If it's worrying you so much, why not just get it checked....I never know when I wake up if this tooth or that is going to be sensitive that day...over a greyhound trip to see my parents...I awoke to my front teeth being very sore...soon as I got to a mirror I saw why...the gap had closed...it was a good sore....having had three teeth that were root canaled, I can tell the different between "I'm moving" pain versus "Something is definately wrong" kind of pain.

Kat

#19 Post by Kat »

I went to the dentist this morning. He could not feel anything in the gum area and saw no problems-red spots in the gums surrounding this tooth. He did say teeth can hurt like this but to keep a close eye on it for progression. He said it did look a little black in the x-ray but it could be just from movement :shock: I'm now worried about a root canal coming in the near future.