Ortho insurance question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dadio

#16 Post by Dadio »

First, I haven't posted in a long time, but have been checking in when I can.

On insurance, a couple of things we've learned is my wife's dental plan would cover my daughter and I each for $1500 of the ortho's treatment plan that includes everything. Nice, so we jump in late 2005. Earlier this year, my wife is laid off. She gets a new job and they use the same insurance carrier as the other job had. We check and check and are told, yes, ortho covered, pop for the premium dental plan. We do that at election time, but find out when the paperwork is actually filed that it's now considered a preexisting condition and no coverage is offered. After calls and so on, no go, no coverage, but we figure it's cheaper to just pay the remainder out of pocket than try to find a plan that covers it.

Also, carefully check age limits. A former client of mine used to have all age ortho coverage, but a couple of years ago, put an 18 year old cap on it.

Dadio.