Best Comebacks...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chrisd

#16 Post by chrisd »

to quote george costanza from seinfeld "... well i had sex with your wife!!" lol
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

Gennel

#17 Post by Gennel »

I was afraid before I got the braces on how my family and friends would react. So I told them all weeks before that I was getting them. My sisters and mom blew me away with all the support because they knew the reason why I never smiled in pictures ! I have not had 1 single person say anything negative about my braces. The only person who made a comment that really was not an insult when he said " I see you rocking the gold bling,bling in your mouth,I love my gold chains too" I told him : that's right only the best for me! "

I have been waiting for a negative comment because I already have my comeback waiting for them lol . Someone here already mentioned it!
" My problem is being fixed, unfortunately for you ugly has no cure"

Gennel

MariaMetalMouth

#18 Post by MariaMetalMouth »

I've had nothing but support, apart from when I got into a bit of an argument with a guy in a club and he was like 'hahaha you have braces and you're like 18!'
I told him I think he needs some as well, and perhaps a tooth whitening kit too. :shock:
That shut him up.
Braced: 29th March 2006
Estimated time 18 months!

ghostmyimag3

#19 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

rotflmao@tooth whitening kit!

That is too funny. But i'm sure the reaction on his face was much more priceless.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

LucyVanity

#20 Post by LucyVanity »

hmm I haven't really had to need to think of comebacks... If people are making fun of me, then they must be only doing it behind my back XD only these things have happened:
1. people don't notice at all
2. "Oh you got braces!" (surprised but not unpleasant tone) followed by some questions about when I did it, how long I'll have them, etc.
3. "It makes you even more of a cute little asian!" followed by a glomp >.< ag
4. "have your cheeks been destroyed yet?"

I guess if I ever will have to use a comeback, what I say would depend on the person :\ although I wonder if I would want to waste my time at all with people like that.

Dramagyrl

#21 Post by Dramagyrl »

Had a really uncooth co-worker call me braceface and railroad tracks, etc. in the first few weeks of treatment. Not the first time he'd been like this over something and I certainly was not the first person, but one day it got to me. I think he made a railroad comment, hollared it across the room in front of my coworkers. I hollared back to the effect that I was on the road to teeth much nicer looking than his.

Later he came to apologize because he thought my response was indicitive that I was upset and he wanted to make things right. We quickly chatted about it and had that much fixed, then on to the next misunderstanding between differing personalities lol. Otherwise, most of mine are like those listed above, something we all laugh about and I don't even need to bother to make a comment back.

SDFD TSchott

#22 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Alright, last night I went out to dinner with my family and behold I have a 14 year old girl hitting on me that is sitting right next to me. What is the deal with younger people trying to pick me up and date me when I'm trying to get someone my age! I looked at the little girl and told her sorry honey your not my age! Shes 14 I'm 21 BIG Difference!

I Also had a few people say wow I didn't know you had braces, Hello I showed them off in several pictures that you took. Then there is a few that said I love your christmas braces. Why thanks I guess.

Well I thought that I would let you all know about that little 14 year old girl hitting up on me while I was out in a public location eating dinner minding my own business and she was trying to pick me up *DATING WISE*

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Emerald

#23 Post by Emerald »

I had a friend in high school (i'm only 19) who was like "Wow, i'm glad my teeth are straight and I never needed braces!" after I got mine on. I looked at her and said,

"You know, i've noticed how imperfect a lot of people's smiles are since I got them on, and actually you could use a little bit of work."

Shut her up right quick. She was kind of a snarky...something or other...anyway.

Another good one could also be "My braces will come off, but you'll always be a (insert insult here)"

Now I feel like i'm mean! :shock:
I haven't really had any bad comments about my braces but I sure do notice other people's teeth a lot more now i'm having mine done.

I've noticed one of my best mates and a cousin have underbites like me, but with straight teeth.
Emerald
I had self-ligating braces for 4 years & 8 months.

I'm now in Hawley retainers for top jaw (during day) and Essix retainers for bottom jaw (at night).

I had Jaw surgery on 14th July 2008

Please see blog for more details:

http://emeraldsdentaldiary.blogspot.com

Emerald

#24 Post by Emerald »

:thumbsup:
Emerald
I had self-ligating braces for 4 years & 8 months.

I'm now in Hawley retainers for top jaw (during day) and Essix retainers for bottom jaw (at night).

I had Jaw surgery on 14th July 2008

Please see blog for more details:

http://emeraldsdentaldiary.blogspot.com