I'll look 15 forever....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hippyhippo

#16 Post by hippyhippo »

I'm 27 and I've been ID'd a couple of times (legal age for drinking is 18 here). I don't mind at all, as I guess I'm at the age where I appreciate looking younger than I am.

My boyfriend is 35 though, so I don't think he is as amused as me when people think I'm barely legal. It makes him look like a dirty old man ;)

Mmmmuuaa

#17 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Enjoy people thinking you're younger! I never did and now that people don't seem shocked at my age, like they did in the past, I feel bumbed. Especially since I turn 30 this April. I will officially be out of my 20's. I'm 5'2" and hated when people said I was cute and thought I was young, I always tried to look older, man oh man. Those were the days.............

loulou123

#18 Post by loulou123 »

Hi im 27 and now im braced im getting asked for id in pubs, one landlord even told me "children" werent allowed in the bar after 8pm!

It doesnt bother me tho, i take it as a compliment and laugh it off.

Ive always looked young for my age anyway and guess people associate braces with younger people more often than not. :D

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

19Braceface

#19 Post by 19Braceface »

Wow, i remember always looking younger than my age and i didn't like it, now i look older and i really wanna look younger!!! errr you guys are lucky

empire11

#20 Post by empire11 »

I've had similar experiences as you all. I look young for my age already (I'm 35) but the braces just help it along. I get carded a lot still and the last couple of times I was on vacation, people asked me what grade I was in. I graduated university like 13 years ago.

The best though was at my company golf tournament last summer, they took a picture of all the foursomes for us to take home. When my one buddy showed his girlfriend the picture, she said "Who brought their kid?" and was pointing to me! He's like, "That's Lisa! You know her!" In fact, they were still teasing me about that just the other day...I guess it's better than getting mistaken for being much older eh?!