24-30months - cost

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

platinum

#16 Post by platinum »

Bite correction basically (my teeth are quite straight). 20 months, $6000, insurance pays $1500.

koooba

#17 Post by koooba »

Ya, well, this Ortho has quite the office and workings going on.
FULL STAFF, and I mean full.
Personal assistant, x-ray technician, secretary, office director, 3-4 assistants doing the adjustments (whatever their technical names are).
Currently, hired a valet service as he's on a major road and they're fixing the street for the streetcars.

Not to say he isn't good, but he's taken over a very successful practice and I have to say, he knows his stuff (that's pretty evident).

But ya, it's a fancy, clean, well run, oiled machine.

I just figure if I went anywhere else, I'm sure I'd pay less.
But the confidence factor would (probably) drop.

koooba

#18 Post by koooba »

Kodius Champion wrote:
Actually my mistake, $7500, for 24-30.
I wouldn't look at it as getting shafted...how about "corrected"? :lol:
Heh, I like that take on it, considering I'm going to be out $8100 CDN. :P

lmao ;)

broochie

Re: 24-30months - cost

#19 Post by broochie »

I was quoted at my consult today around just over $7200+ Cdn, that's around $6300 US, for 24-30months.
My braces will cost me 7000 CA$, not including the retainers after treatment, for an estimated time of 24 months or more. I have Damon braces, whose cost per bracket is much higher than conventional brackets. My ortho's practice is not the fancy type, but he is considered excellent in the area.

Catmom

#20 Post by Catmom »

My treatment will cost $6,500CDN and that includes everything except lost or broken retainers!!!

koooba

Re: 24-30months - cost

#21 Post by koooba »

broochie wrote:
I was quoted at my consult today around just over $7200+ Cdn, that's around $6300 US, for 24-30months.
My braces will cost me 7000 CA$, not including the retainers after treatment, for an estimated time of 24 months or more. I have Damon braces, whose cost per bracket is much higher than conventional brackets. My ortho's practice is not the fancy type, but he is considered excellent in the area.
Well I guess I'm pretty much on par then.
Man these guys make nice coin.
Maybe I should get a career as an Ortho when I go back to school in September :lol:

MsViola

#22 Post by MsViola »

I have an estimated time of 24-30 months. I was quoted $5,050 for clear upper and metal bottoms, retainers and 2 yrs of follow-up visits. After insurance I will pay $3550.00, which will be paid off after 20 months.

MsViola

koooba

#23 Post by koooba »

$2G's cheaper, I'm going the same route as you, clear uppers and metal lowers.
But you didn't mention, American or Canadian dollars?

MsViola

#24 Post by MsViola »

American dollars.

Patricia S.

#25 Post by Patricia S. »

It's does help to have consults with other Orthos. I have seen a 4 orthos before I decided with my current. The highest I have been quoted was $6,400.00. This was just not in my budget. My total treatment will cost $4,500.00, this is to include everything but extractions. AND my current ortho has had longer experience with braces than the more expensive one did.

Although, it seems like it will be worth it, it won't hurt to check out others.

Good luck,

Patty